Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of morining after i started my truck it will run for 30 seconds or so then it will studder or miss for just a second. It has about 1500 miles on it and its been about -15 or -20 deg out. It was plugged in.
Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Have you been treating the fuel?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry, I am not having this or any cold weather issues (knock on wood). My truck is new like yours (3k miles). I have not plugged it in and the temp is between -5 to 5 over the past few days. Maybe its your fuel. up until a few weeks ago I was using ULSD and I found a place that has LSD. Plus, I use Stanadyne with every tank.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MGlickLBZ;1594718; said:
Have you been treating the fuel?
I'm been using Howes. Its only done the past 2 morinings when temps where around -20 or like this morining -27. Its suppose to warm up by this weekend. Maybe im just a little paraniod hearing my new truck pop like that:eek::

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Dakota Duramax;1594734; said:
I'm been using Howes. Its only done the past 2 morinings when temps where around -20 or like this morining -27. Its suppose to warm up by this weekend. Maybe im just a little paraniod hearing my new truck pop like that:eek::

Don't worry about it, nothing to be embarrased about. I assume you have been using the correct amount of Howe's. When it is that cold out don't be afraid to double dose. Howe's isn't a cetane booster only a conditioner and lubricator.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Dakota Duramax;1594567; said:
The last couple of morining after i started my truck it will run for 30 seconds or so then it will studder or miss for just a second. It has about 1500 miles on it and its been about -15 or -20 deg out. It was plugged in.
Anyone else have this happen?
You mentioned a "knock" in the thread title but then stated it was like the engine was missing?

I've got a definate "k-chunk" or thud at 30 second intervals that you could set a watch to. It sounds as if its coming from the passenger side engine compartment. If I shut off my climate control, I get the sound back upon turning the system(climate control) back on. INHERENT COMPRESSOR NOISE or an issue?. The stealership is aware but told me to "watch it for a bit"......french for "we'll talk to you later about it.

Not to go off topic....but just a thought when you talked about a "knocking sound". My "k-chunk" noise could be definately described as a knock. I'm definately not in the cold weather like you are in. I've got 2700 miles on my 07' Classic LBZ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts