Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone have any idea how this could have fragmented like this? Happened while I was turning right at a red light ad just getting into the accelerator might have gotten up to 30MPh when I heard an explosion from under the hood. Lost all power and started blowing a ton of smoke. Truck is a daily driver, upgrades had been done back in June 2019. I’m ordering Y Bridge kit and PCV reroute from WC Fab tonight to replace all intake pieces and both intercooler pipes. I just want to make sure there aren’t any underlying issues. Advice please.

2015 2500 Denali
EGR delete
JAMO 4 inch exhaust from down pipe
Sinister diesel:
-Pass up pipe
-High flow grid heater
-intake bridge
-cold air intake
PPEI EZ Link 120 HP street tune ECU & TCM

Attachments

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Following

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Cheap plastic could not hold the boost! Wonder if it was stressed attaching it to aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Replaced both hot and cold side intercooler pipes Sunday night. Tonight check engine light pops on throwing 2 codes P01F0 and P02CF. Could the P01F0 code being thermostat stuck open cause the P02CF code for number 2 cylinder injector offset learning due to lower running temperature?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheap plastic could not hold the boost! Wonder if it was stressed attaching it to aftermarket parts?
It was connected to the stock throttle body still. I could understand the boost building pressure inside the cold side pipe and that being a factor, but the cold side suck air back into the intake bridge. It’s odd that the plastic blew outward instead of imploding under the intake pressure. It is almost as if the throttle valve closed for some reason not allowing the air to go anywhere and that bend was the weakest point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did the same thing a couple of nights ago after you replaced it did you ever find out what caused the explosion. thanks

Update: Replaced both hot and cold side intercooler pipes Sunday night. Tonight check engine light pops on throwing 2 codes P01F0 and P02CF. Could the P01F0 code being thermostat stuck open cause the P02CF code for number 2 cylinder injector offset learning due to lower running temperature?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any idea how this could have fragmented like this? Happened while I was turning right at a red light ad just getting into the accelerator might have gotten up to 30MPh when I heard an explosion from under the hood. Lost all power and started blowing a ton of smoke. Truck is a daily driver, upgrades had been done back in June 2019. I’m ordering Y Bridge kit and PCV reroute from WC Fab tonight to replace all intake pieces and both intercooler pipes. I just want to make sure there aren’t any underlying issues. Advice please.

2015 2500 Denali
EGR delete
JAMO 4 inch exhaust from down pipe
Sinister diesel:
-Pass up pipe
-High flow grid heater
-intake bridge
-cold air intake
PPEI EZ Link 120 HP street tune ECU & TCM
Guys how do I remove the lock ring on the LML air intake?

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts