Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the coldest morning my truck has seen as of yet, was a little worried about it. When I went out to my truck this morning, didn't plug it in last night, turned the key, looked up at temp guage, 2 degrees was on the display. Waited about 12 seconds for WTS light to go out, and crank, turned over like a charm. Very pleased.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
They usually do...the new engines are great. My last two strokers would be covered in snow and not pluged in for a few days and they fired right up....to along time to warm up but they started.

It is cold one today in the "Show Me" state. They say you don't like the weather wait a minute....70 on friday and 7 right now.
It is kind of hard to adjust.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Yep. Into the single digits are no problem. It was down to -37 here Sunday night. It still started pretty good considering

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-37, wow that's cold. Think I will stick to the old Missouri Mule side area of the continent. I was griping about 2 this morning, not anymore, think I might go swimming now

·
Registered
245 Posts
Been 28-45 evey morning in Tucson. But in 6 months it will be 75 at 5am in the morning. Either time I run out in just a T-shirt to fire the truck up. In the winter I put my slippers on.

On my trip up north the temp on the mirror was 11-13. Just waited for the squiggle light to go out and she'd fire right up. I was impressed.

cmc

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Tucson, I like that town...........I was in the Air Force there back in the early 70s. Love the cactus....and weather..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Minus 34 celcius or 29 below zero fahrenheit for two nights in a row.

Truck was not plugged in, it started okay but it takes awhile for the oil pressure to reach it`s normal pressure.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had to go help a friend yesterday and the temp was -9 and my Duramax started right up, without being plugged in, it ran a little rough for almost 4 minutes then settled out. I am using winter blend fuel and Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement with every other fill up.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Well the 5.3 started fine this morning after -22 here in Wyoming, and my friends duramax started right up. Neither was plugged in. I did plug the 69 JD 4000 (like a 4020) in for a couple hours first, and it started right up. Had to turn the pto on, rev it up, and let it sit a while before it had power steering though... You think a truck without ps is bad, try a tractor. It's warmed up now though, reading about 5 now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts