Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been mentioned before and I read through it but wasn't exactly sure how much to modify it...

In cold temperatures, for us guys who just use the "C" Injection timing table which has been altered, how much and how do I want to change the Injection Timing ECT table to make it run nicely when idling/elevated idle?

When it gets to minus 30 out my truck sounds rough as faq. Almost like the motor wants to turn over backwards. Is this because of too much advance on my timing in the idle region?

Finally got the V2 back, so I'll upload my updated tune and I wanted to fix the ECT stuff too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No I dont.

Whats the jist of it though? (0-15mm3) and (600/800RPM) area in the table are at about 15-18 right now. And so those numbers will go through the multiplier and then get added to the main timing, which is at 0 degrees for those same parameters.

So right now in my tune, using the numbers I would end up with about 9-12 degrees of advance while idling.

Stock the truck would be at around 5-8 degrees advance.

This is around -25 degrees C.

Should I just alter the multiplier to be alittle smaller so there is less timing added all over? Or should I just focus on altering the idle/elevated idle area to bring it back into that 5 degree "ish" range? And is around 5 degrees going to be decent? It should be since there is really no added fuel or boost at idle in my tune.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Can I ask why you've increased timing from 0-15mm3 in 0-800 rev range?

It sounds like your logic for resolving the issue is sound.

Nick

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
just retard it a few degrees around the area of idle smooth it out and call it good.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vortec... thats a good question. And my answer is that I dont know....

For some reason I decided to make it 0 degrees rather than the stock -3 or whatever. I got it fixed now, smokes a bit more when its really cold out but sounds a lot nicer when it idles.

My timing table will be getting modified over the next couple months here. Just dont have good enough conditions to go out and log so I havent been doing anything. My current table is about 6 other tables I looked at all pieced together and then I started modifying it and thats the way its been so far. I'll work it over heavily before spring gets here and see how it works for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Anything that low should be at your stock mm3, don't adjust below 50 and you would be fine

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand that.

I stole a timing table though, and I've slowly been realizing that it sucks. And I'm just getting to this part because it didnt cause any problems until now. Everything has been changed except for the cruising range, which will be my next task.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts