Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a cold front for my '03 dmax (GMC) i have the factory leather one but am not real thrilled with the look or the way it fits. I had lund cold fronts on my 6.0 2500HD but can not find any pics of them on a GMC plus they were kinda a pain to out in and out.

Anyone have any pics of theirs and can tell me what brand and how well they come in and out adn approx price??

Thanks,

PS if anyone needs some coldfronts for a '02 2500HD Silverado i have the lund coldfronts (black) i wil part with real cheap.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nice Pics Max Power...I have the same white GMC as yours. Is there anything to protect the black center of the grill from being marred by the stainless? Also, how easy does it go on and off?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Max Power, that looks sweet! I have the same questions as Roegs

·
Registered
58 Posts
After seeing Max Power's posts yesterday, I did some checking into this topic....

As MP indicated Cloud-Rider makes a very nice looking setup. I couldn't find anything about prices on their website, so I sent them an email to find out if they sold direct or just through distributors. They indicated that they sold direct and that I just needed to let them know what make/model vehicle I was interested in and they would give me a quote.

In addition PUTCO makes a winter grill cover. I think it was also stainless, but didn't include the covers for the bumper slots. I didn't do a lot of checking into this, but I'm sure a good websearch would turn up some dealers (although they appeared to be priced about what MP indicated the Cloud-Riders were).

After trying out the "factory" winter cover this evening, I pretty sure I know which way I am going (what a PITA)!

By the way, MP, how hard are those Cloud-Rider covers to take on and off? We typically have warm spells throughout the winter (50°F+) and I'd like to be able to take them off quickly when this occurs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MP, looks great, how easy to get in and out, weather here is crazy one day 10 deg next day 50..... are the "clips" hard on th factory grille when you install and remove the covers?

I spent about 30 minutes "massaging" my factory leather cover got it to fit fairly well but still really do not care for the setup, i have had other vehicles with bras with cotton backs on them and they do scratch chrome and paint and plated plastic once all the chit gets behind them from upstate NY winter weather, that SS cover looks like the ticket!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
There is a rubber trim all around the GMC so it won't mark it up. The same trim is all around the outside too. If you look close you can see the black rubber trim.

On and off in a couple minutes. Basically just unscrew the four screw a couple turns and it pops off. A little harder to put on but can easily be done in a couple minutes.

It will not wear the factory grill at all on removal and installation. The hooks only make contact behind the grill. Hard to explain but its done very well, trust me.

I am thinking of ordering some of these and selling them here. I can get a pretty good price at 6 qty and there seems to be lots of interest. I will try to take some more pics and maybe put up some prices for all of you. I'm not out to make any money on this, just help you guys out because they seem to be hard to come by.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really like the looks of the Cloud-Rider covers, so I'd certainly be interested in a set....

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Give me a day or two to iron out all the wrinkles.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me know if you work something out, i could paypal you $$ for one if you can get a good price, only places i found that sell them are in Canada, have not found any US places yet...

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Sounds tempting.....the sloted kind probably is more for looks right....does it stop much air? I am kinda concerened since I find it hard to resist playing at times, maybe only half the blocking would be better? Warm spells dont bother me since I was actually supprised that the temp stays in check fine at higher temps if you are carefull(I installed it while it was fairly warm so it could do all its streching)

Being able to take it on and off readily is important since I dont think I want it on while plowing. Keep us informed

·
Registered
430 Posts
Max Power...I'd be interested also. Dunno if you are looking at just the grill covers, but I'd be interested in both grill cover and bumper slot covers.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The slotted one is for summertime... bug catcher.

Works great.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would be interested in a set too! Hey Prarie Goat, we could probably save on shipping and get a couple of sets shipped here to the Springs in one box.

John

·
Registered
430 Posts
Max Power...did you hear anything about qty discounts?

After installing my GMC supplied cover this weekend, I now understand why the market exists for aftermarket covers. I hope that the guy who designed the GMC cover did not design any other componants on my truck. On second thought, maybe he was the guy that designed the fuel filter system...

Edited by: Roegs

·
Registered
430 Posts
Max Power...any updates on a qty discount? Just trying to see where you are at with this. Not trying to be pushy, but I think the group purchase is a great idea.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
i actually just got a bunch in and they are all sold. Starting the list for the second time around. PM me if you interested and I will pm back the details.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts