Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 02 Chevy 2500 HD D/A. It had the front grille cover with it. I assume this is the factory provided one. There are four snaps at the top of it that should snap to the holes in the shroud that is just under the hood. Question-these four snaps have no where to snap to. The connections on the shroud are just plastic inserts that hold the shroud on. Should there be a piece that I replace these plastic pieces with that will allow me to snap the grille cover to?

·
Registered
514 Posts
There should be 4? felt pieces with snaps that are the opposite sex of the ones on the front cover. Those fit on the 4? pins that hold the shroud on and the front cover snaps to them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't look like the snaps on the cover will snap into the ones on the shroud. That's why I wondered if I was supposed to take out the plastic pieces in the shroud and insert something that I can snap the cover into.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yep, it doesn't snap to the plastic pins themselves. The 4? felt tabs have holes on one end that the plastic pins go thru to secure them to the shroud and the opposite sex snaps on the other end that the cover snaps to. Am I confusing ya?

·
Registered
514 Posts
The felt tabs look something like:

| o | < Hole for shroud pin to secure tab to shroud

| |

| O | < Snap to secure cover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts