Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 04 F350 FX4 6.0L and looking for the best cold air intake kit and or filter. The 3 I have found are Airaid, K&N and AFE kits. Any input would be appreciated.

K&N is a name I can trust, but finding actual documented numbers for any of these kits is kind of a problem.

·
Registered
463 Posts
AFE! I love it!

Kevin

·
Registered
13 Posts
We offer both versions of the AFE replacement/reusable kits with a lot of positive feed back from our customers. There is the standard kit and the newly released Pro-Guard 7 which actually filters better than the stock paper with a higher flow rate. Depending on your everyday driving habits/local. would dictate if the Proguard 7 would be recommended or the higher flowing standard kit. Feel free to contact for more info if necessary.

Kenny

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far this is what I have been told about the kits available.

K&N 1220cfm $250

Airaid 1400cfm $225

AFE is still working on numbers. $160

The 63-1068 is the part number the K&N site gave me when I listed the information about my truck, but according to the tech there they will not say that the kit will work because it has not been approved for the 2004 model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, final tally is here thanks GREATLY to Kenny for all his hard work and patience. All systems are measured at the standard pressure differential of 1.5. Which, is an underwater test.

K&N 1220 Cfm

Airaid 1400 Cfm

AFE 394 Cfm

Dont know the specs exactly on the AFE filter, but the K&N is 7 to 9 microns big as far as the wholes and the Airaid is 4 microns big. The K&N kit uses 3 layers of cotton and the Airaid uses 4 with a 5th layer for protection more then air flow influence.

Hope this info helps. Thanks again for the hard work Kenny.

Todd

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just purchased the Airaid kit for $200, so am going to try and get it on a dyno before and after the kit to get some actual numbers.

Todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone have any info. on the ( AEM Brute Force) cold air intake?

I want to get an intake but don't know which one to get. I have always used K&N but have not been to impressed with theirs.Can anyone help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts