Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a afe brute force intake with the oilless filter and after about a week of driving the check engine light came one . Used the onstar engine diagnostic and they said the check engine light was intake related . Was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it would be safe to drive the truck as i am 300 miles from home on a job .Thanks in advance . Also the truck is a 2004 lb7

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I had just staight piped mine and on the first tow I did, it was really cold that day (-30F). I downloaded the code and it was a 0234...which is a turbo overboost. I cleared the code and it has been ok since. You should be OK to drive back home. You could just try and clean your MAF sensor since you had a k&n before. One other thing to look at if you haven't yet is the hose that goes to your intake resinator (black plastic thing on top of your engine)...mine came off just before I got the code.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine doesn't have a resanotor anymore . Also what do you use to clean the MAF sensor and how do you clear the codes without a scanner if possible

·
Registered
812 Posts
Electronic contact cleaner you want somthing that leaves no residue.dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got truck scanned code was P0101 maf/vaf , ckt range/performance . Just cleaned maf sensor and tried to clear code but would not clear also the filter minder keeps going into the change filter range but intake and filter are brand new . Thanks for any input

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finnally got it figured it out cleaned sensor real good and got code cleared has not returned as of yet . Thanks for all the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts