Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seem to have lost the shouldered nut that goes into the swivel ball on the idler arm connection.:(
Does anyone have an extra that wasn't used?It's the silver fine threaded one,not the gold Metric nut.
Thanks,Eric.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I have spare silver fine thread shank nuts. PM me with info, maybe with a phone number.

I installed the gold course thread nuts on my OEM replacement pitmann/idler.
I assume you have after market pitmann/idler arms?
Wonder why one fell off. Did you use the lock washer between the drag link and the heim joint? When I installed mine, I did not use the threadlocker on these nuts, thinking it would be very difficult to remove later, and thought the lockwasher should be enough. Now I'm wondering if I should install the threadlocker.

http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/pdf/7004.pdf

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have spare silver fine thread shank nuts. PM me with info, maybe with a phone number.

Wonder why one fell off. Did you use the lock washer between the drag link and the heim joint? When I installed mine, I did not use the threadlocker on these nuts, thinking it would be very difficult to remove later, and thought the lockwasher should be enough. Now I'm wondering if I should install the threadlocker.

PM sent,thank you!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

I made sure to install loctite on all my steering parts, thats the last thing I want coming off at 70 mph.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made sure to install loctite on all my steering parts, thats the last thing I want coming off at 70 mph.
I used the threadlock that it came with!:mad:
This time it gonna be pinned welded and clamped!:D

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I seem to have lost the shouldered nut that goes into the swivel ball on the idler arm connection.:(
Does anyone have an extra that wasn't used?It's the silver fine threaded one,not the gold Metric nut. Thanks,Eric.
Two silver fine thread Cognito nuts are in the mail.
US Postal Service 2-3 day delivery. With the holidays, you should have them Wed or Thursday at latest.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
When I installed my Cognito shoulder nuts, I did not use the threadlocker on these nuts, thinking it would be very difficult to remove later, and thought the lockwasher should be enough. Now I'm wondering if I should install the threadlocker.
You made a very good point. I should have been more worried about the nuts falling off than not being able to remove them years down the road.
Soooo, tonight I applied threadlocker to both of the Cognito shoulder nuts.
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Modified Now that was really cool for you to send him the spare nuts you didn't use. I'm in the reverse situation. I lost one of the gold shouldered nuts for the stock stuff. Hopefully someone will read this and help me out.

Its just nice to see people helping people out.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I lost one of the gold shouldered nuts for the stock stuff. Hopefully someone will read this and help me out.
With all of the Holiday Spirit, I think someone will come through for you.
Another option is to call Cognito, or I think www.kennedydiesel.com use to advertise the nuts for sale. I'm going to get some spares for the "just in case".
Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts