Diesel Place banner

Cognito or RCD? Help

925 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sidro 
#1 ·
Finally I found a place with fello HD owners:ro) I want to lift my 05' Duramax 4x4 about 6". I like the look of the wheels poppin out the sides a little bit not as much as the fabtech lift. I broke it down to Cognito or RCD. I'm also gonna run 35" with 20 rims.Any pics and helpfull advice is greatly appreciated. Oh also I use my truck as a daily driver and have to drive all over the country for work.Will it be too much wear and tear to have the lift and tires? Would it be a good idea to get a programmer or any other add ons to healp mpg?:help:

#2 ·
After reading & researching most of the Lifts out there, I believe you will find that most will recommend the Cognito, as long as you have the $$$ to drop on that lift. As far as gas mileage, your going to lose, by putting on those bigger tires, but the Truck will look great!:ro)

#3 ·
I went with RCD. Also 20" wheels with LT325's. Love the set-up and ride..check my Garage for pics. Welcome to the forum...all my mods were done after I did my homework at Diesel Place. Lots of knowledgable folks and great info!!

#4 ·
yeah I really like your setup. Looks like what I'm trying to achieve

#5 ·
duramaxdoc do you have any advice on upgrades for towing ? I travel all over the country for work and tow an enclosed trailer for my tools.

#6 ·
My experience towingwith Edge/Attitude set at 1/5. More hp and torque and... better MPG than when stock. Tow speed 55-60 mph. 4" exhaust helps lower EGT's. My next move will be an ally upgrade so I can play SAFELY with Edge set at 4/4, 5/5 when not towing. Set up your Sig so Members can see what you have to better help you.

#7 ·
I have the rcd lift and have no problems at all. It rides real nice and no squeeks. I will be upgrading to the cognito 10-12 lift this year and running 37's. cant wait.:ro)

#8 ·
as far as upgrading for towing you can use the airbag setup. Jegs.com has the bags, compressor and all the hardware for 425.00. I am going to be installing them on my truck and my buisness partners dmax this month.

#9 ·
I had the RCD 6" w/ 35" tires on my '02 Duramax and liked it, no problems at all. I now have the 7"-9" Cognito set at 9" w/ 37" tires on my '01 gasser and love it. IMHO I think that the Cognito kit is a little better and more heavy duty. You can't go wrong with either kit. Good luck with your decision.

#10 ·
Have you looked at PRO COMP I have a 6" PRO COMP on my truck and it does'nt widen the track because I dont like that either and it's a very good lift just my read SIGNATURE BELOW and that tells you about my truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.