Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Cognito’s new torsion bars for the 20+ trucks? They are advertised as being a softer bar with a smoother ride. I can’t find any reviews on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,411 Posts
Nothing because you put in the bed.:)

· Registered
1,747 Posts
What do you haul on the hood of your truck?

since I like to see the road when I’m driving and the hood isn’t rated for load carrying, nothing. But the weight from my gooseneck trailer and the front 4‘ of the cargo in my bed all get transferred to the front axle, not to mention the 5,000 pounds of weight from the motor and truck that’s carried on the front axle even while unloaded. Then since everybody has to have a crew cab since they have so many friends that they haul with them all the time, add another 1,000 to 1,400 pounds of overweight bodies, most of which is on the front axle.

Are you so naive to think the front axle carrying capacity of your truck is not important? What do you think happens when you hit the brakes coming into a corner with a loaded truck and towing a trailer?

Forget buying an Accord, forget the soft torsion bars, just throw the struts from the Accord on the truck, I’m sure it’ll be fine.

· Registered
21,041 Posts
Has anyone tried Cognito’s new torsion bars for the 20+ trucks? They are advertised as being a softer bar with a smoother ride. I can’t find any reviews on them.

Why would someone buy a big HD truck that is made for hauling and towing, and then soften the suspension and ruin the thing it was designed for??!! It’s a HD TRUCK. If you want a soft ride buy an Accord.
Food for thought....

Been driving a truck since I started driving over 36 years ago. Definitely a pick up man. Recently, did my usual cross country drive. Got the hell beat out of us at 70+ mph for a few hundred miles through NM and AZ along I40. It was night and so ya couldn't really anticipate the road in between the potholes. It was ridiculously bad. It was so bad along that stretch that we purposely diverted hundreds of miles south on the return trip. There weren't enough pain pills for the aching back that beating gave me that night. I'm considering maybe some upgraded shocks to help my LBZ with those jabbing bumps but not really certain they'd do anything for that. Don't really wanna get the old man seat doughnut. lol

Chances are, I'll just avoid that stretch again until they fix the GD road.

So wade_660, not a bad question and BanksLB7, perhaps an answer to yours.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you so naive to think the front axle carrying capacity of your truck is not important? What do you think happens when you hit the brakes coming into a corner with a loaded truck and towing a trailer?
As much as I enjoyed your informative story and your well thought out solutions to problems that I don’t have, I really don’t care. I’ve been a CDL driver for 20 years. I know how weight distribution works, yet I don’t feel the need to come on the internet and beat my chest about it. I simply asked if anyone had used Cognito’s new product. Where a stiff front end may be best for you, I’d prefer not to lose my teeth fillings because an $80k truck rides like a horse and buggy.

· Registered
81 Posts
I just went through there and it sucks! I was driving the 2021 Denali 2500hd with a 40ft gooseneck trailer with the 2005 2500hd and 20ft enclosed trailer on the gooseneck. I get a lot of bouncing and bucking as well. I have bags onthe rear it handled the weight fine, but the bucking was bad. Thinking about different shocks. Looking for ideas as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.