Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally ready to spend the money on lifting my LBZ my only concern is which lift to get. I know i want to run 37 inch tires on 18x10, and still do some towing when i need to? Maybe what would be the pros and cons of both lift kits.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I don't have the 8" fabtech but I do have there 6" lift and have never had any issues, lots od people are going to say go with the cognito 7-9 and set it at 9"...I was also thinking about what lift for my next truck..have you ever thought about doing the CST 9-11" and leave it at 9" with the 37's? that way you don't have to worry about breaking a CV

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
ya i have heard of alot of problems with the fabtech 8" like poor steering angles and cv angles i would go with the cognito or CST and i don't think they push the tires out as much as the fabtech either

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
buildingup;1575568; said:
I was also thinking about what lift for my next truck..have you ever thought about doing the CST 9-11" and leave it at 9" with the 37's? that way you don't have to worry about breaking a CV

:cool2:

Thats exatly what I was thinking.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Coles_D/A;1576038; said:
Only way to go is Cognito.......
That's got a nice ring to it......

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cognito! :ro)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Cognito. easiest to install. easiest to return to stock.better steering components/upgrades than fabtech. period

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cognito for sure!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the 6" Fabtech as well - with no issues. But I have also heard the same thing about Fabtech's 8" kit not having quite the integrity.

I too want to go higher and will go the CST 9-11", as buildingup mentioned, the CV angles are set better - which I am all for when it comes to drag racing or pulling!

·
Registered
423 Posts
You will probably want to run 18 x 9s as well. Pics in garage.

·
Registered
357 Posts
cognito fo sho- will handle anything you throw at it and run 37's no prob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HD Scott why would i want to run 18x9 instead of 18x10? I already have the wheels is the problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I made my choice by reserching on Diesel Place -COGNITO
I don't like seening the 8" fabtec with the wheels sticking way out in the front.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too would highly reccommend the Cognito! I have had it on for 13 months without any issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The 8" fabtech requires cutting front differential bracket and makes it hard to return to stock.The Shop owner that installed my kit runs it on his HD.I have towed with it and he has taken it into the biggest dunes in Glamis.It handles good but he did add all Cognito steering upgrades to it and he got it for $500 off someone upgrading to a 12" bulletproof lift the guy kept having alignment and steering problems with Fabtech.His installer said the quality was better on my Cognito and easier to install and return to stock if needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts