Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if somebody might be able to tell me what some of these codes i am pulling mean. i always have a PO401 EGR (undertstand that one) which keeps my light on so i try to check with the power pup every couple weeks for anything else. Last time i checked 2-3 weeks ago I pulled PO128 unknown and PO381 Glow Plug Malfunction, cleared them. I checked it again today and got P=026 unknown and P=064 unknown. I would love to know what all of the unknown ones mean and also why different ones come and go. Also, i only get the PO401 until i pull the fuses, then i get other stuff. thanx in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody? anything?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Last time i checked 2-3 weeks ago I pulled PO128 unknown and PO381 Glow Plug Malfunction, cleared them. I checked it again today and got P=026 unknown and P=064 unknown. I would love to know what all of the unknown ones mean and also why different ones come and go. Also, i only get the PO401 until i pull the fuses, then i get other stuff. thanx in advance.
P0128 ECT Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature(GM)
P0381 Glow Plug/Heater Indicator Circuit Malfunction P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected I am still wondering what the p026 and the p064 are. I will be talking some Bully Dog techs and engineers tomorrow and if I remember (short term memory is not that great) I will pose these questions to them.

I had the P0381 show up intermittently with CEL (not cold enough here in Vegas to get it all the time either) and the dealer replaced one of my glow plugs under 8 yr/80k warranty, no charge and no code since. I also get the p0401 code (I am a lucky CA emissions LB7 owner) but it is intermittent and did not show up on this last run, but p1404 did which is a EGR code as well, wtf. Any way ryn1127 I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
P0026 Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1)
P0064 Generic HO2S Heater Control Circuit High (Bank 2, Sensor 3)
P0128 Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)
P0381 Glow Plug/Heater Indicator Circuit
P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
P1404 EGR Valve Stuck Open Or Circuit Performance

ryn1127, You should have your dealer check your glowplug system. You could be headed for a burned-off/melted glowplug problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i appreciate the help from both of you. should i worry bout anything other than the glow plug malf? also, could running the power pup have anytthign to do with me getting all these codes? i usually only run it on tow/economy. thanx again

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
don't know if the power pup can cause them, but after reading about the problems some members have had with burned glowplugs, I wouldn't take any chances and have it checked ASAP.

PS - Make sure you remove the power pup and put the EGR back to stock BEFORE you go to the dealer. Don't want to give them an excuse to void your warranty.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts