Diesel Place banner

Codes and OnStar

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Donovan 
#1 ·
My GMC 06 LBZ dually is due in next week, at least that is what the dealer says. In reading all the various discussions about "codes", was wondering if anyone has tried the new OnStar option of transmitting vehicle status and receiving a report via email. As I understand the promotional material, it does it automatically on some schedule, or your can manually activate it. It is a no charge upgrade.

#4 ·
That would also mean that they will now know you added that BD also, I opted out. If I have a problem I will push the blue button and let On-Star run it then. That way you can always restore the stock program.

#5 ·
Anyone hear the theme from "Jaws" playing? :sheephump

#8 ·
no just talked to my brother and they get nothing from onstar like that the only thing they can get is codes oil/fuel life and miles and other irrelevent stuff. and by the way it dont matter if you subscribe to email delivery or not, they can still share with the dealer your info, when they send it to you at least you know what they are sharing.;)

#9 ·
What does the email say? Can someone post one that they recieved?

#10 ·
What does the email say? Can someone post one that they recieved?
that is what i would like to know also because if it is just the oil fuel life you can just hit a few buttons on the steering wheel and you can see that info

#11 ·
here is a link to a sample report,it would take to long to erase personal info from mine.plus I dont feel like it because this post will turn into 4 pages of off topic crap telling me why I shold not post my vin that is in the open to anyone who walks by.
http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/bvm/samplereport.jsp

#12 ·
Yeah looks pretty useless expect to tell you about oil life and recalls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.