Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Yesterday while driving home, I stop at a red light. When I take of the truck jerks like it just down shifted and the dash lights up with a message, Service stabilitrac and service traction control. I stop at a gas station turn it off for a few minutes turn it back on, and all is clear. I get home hook up the obd2 and nothing. This morning while driving to work, the engine light comes on. I hook the obd2 up and it’s throwing the U0073 control module communication bus off. Has anyone seen or heard of this yet. Taking it to the dealer this afternoon, but any prior info will help.

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
Sounds like a harness rub issue.
On the right side off the bell housing there is a harness that is fixed to a bracket and atached to the housing via a stud.
It is mounted in such a way that the harness gets pressed into that stud and will rub, causing the stabilitrac messsage.

Service bulletin PIP5416A addresses this issue

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will find out what mechanics say it is this afternoon. If it is that, GM has some splaining to do. That bulletin was put out in 2016 and mine is 2018. Seems like it should have been corrected long ago. Hopefully it covered by warranty too.

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will find out what mechanics say it is this afternoon. If it is that, GM has some splaining to do. That bulletin was put out in 2016 and mine is 2018. Seems like it should have been corrected long ago. Hopefully it covered by warranty too.
Correct, that is for the 16' model year but your issue mimics the same as the 16'.

The Tech will probably assume the same and hunt for the rub through harness wire(s)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the tech didn’t find anything. He checked all the wiring harnesses found nothing. He said there were some more passed codes stored too, but couldn’t find anything. He deleted the U0073 code and went for a drive, but nothing. I hope it was just a glitch. I will find out as I continue to drive it I guess��

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
Well, the tech didn’t find anything. He checked all the wiring harnesses found nothing. He said there were some more passed codes stored too, but couldn’t find anything. He deleted the U0073 code and went for a drive, but nothing. I hope it was just a glitch. I will find out as I continue to drive it I guess��
Keep us up to date if you find out anything more.

:thumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It happened again. This time I used my obdII to delete the code. I did realize this time it was after it was raining and humidity was still high. I don’t remember the weather conditions when it happened last. It is supposed to rain today, so if it happens after that I am guessing moisture might be the cause.

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
It happened again. This time I used my obdII to delete the code. I did realize this time it was after it was raining and humidity was still high. I don’t remember the weather conditions when it happened last. It is supposed to rain today, so if it happens after that I am guessing moisture might be the cause.
Yes, it sounds like moisture getting inside of a connector.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It did it again to me tonight. Same codes and message with stabilitrac. It also said my power steering was malfunctioning and to drive careful, plus the tach and speedometer started going haywire and jumping all around. One time when I slowed down to turn the transmission felt like it downshifted really hard and fast. I will take it back to the shop tomorrow. This is starting to piss me off. To much electrical stuff in vehicles these days.

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
Wiring harness rubbing on the AC. Where was quality control when it came off the assembly line?
GM engineering flubs..

Glad you found the issue
:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts