Diesel Place banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I need to chase down the "Brake Signal Lost" problem, and the Theft Deterrent problem.

For the "brake signal lost," check the brake pedal switch that's mounted on the top of the brake pedal, and its associated wiring.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I wonder if multiple modules ground in the same place? That would explain why you're getting multiple different systems failures at the same time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is a service bulletin out for a bad ground on the brake module causing those messages. The brake system related ones, at least. I would look into in.
Thanks for the info! I'll do that tomorrow.

I need to chase down the "Brake Signal Lost" problem, and the Theft Deterrent problem.

For the "brake signal lost," check the brake pedal switch that's mounted on the top of the brake pedal, and its associated wiring.

I visibly checked the wiring and switch today. Looks fine. Didn't test anything yet.

This truck is so friggen cherry, it's hard to believe anything could be wrong with it. The only thing aftermarket on it is the CTS monitor, brake controller, and now the stereo because the factory one didn't like to take CD's sometimes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I wonder if multiple modules ground in the same place? That would explain why you're getting multiple different systems failures at the same time.
I'm wondering that too. Because it started with random stuff that could be caused by the BCM. Then out of the blue, all eight injectors fail? Yeah right.

Most of the codes were communication related, until the injector problem. That one actually turned on the CEL.

My guess is, they are related. A common "ground", if you will.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
370 Posts
It is unlikely that the brake switch would be bad, but you never know. I've seen thinks like that go gunny sack on vehicles less than a year old. Just one more thing to eliminate. The multiple grounds idea is good too. It's very possible multiple modules ground at the same location. Again, a wiring schematic would be helpful there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It is unlikely that the brake switch would be bad, but you never know. I've seen thinks like that go gunny sack on vehicles less than a year old. Just one more thing to eliminate. The multiple grounds idea is good too. It's very possible multiple modules ground at the same location. Again, a wiring schematic would be helpful there.
It would. I'll try to Google something up tomorrow. It's midnight here.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

·
Registered
370 Posts
No problem! I'm curious to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Okay guys, it was the chime. GMRC-01. They get signal from the BCM and then send it off to the stereo to control chimes related to doors opened and dash warning lights and such. Sometimes, they don't work so well. Like wipers and headlights turning on in the middle of the night. Trucks that won't shut off unless you open the door first. Erased ECM's. The list goes on and on. Problem is, if I remove the chime and actually wire the stereo in with "real" constant hot and keyed power, I lose the warning chimes. Most people have good luck with the GMRC-01, and it's touted as the "most trouble free" of these type modules.

My question is: is there anything I can do to still use this stereo? I can't even get a factory stereo from GM for this truck. And they claimed they couldn't update the ECM or anything. So just how in the hell do people use aftermarket stereo's with success in these trucks?

Thanks, gents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. I'd like to remove the stereo. But its so random, if it never happened again, I would still wonder if it was really the stereo. Is there a connector I could've wiggled upon installation? I used a harness so everything was plug and play.

Sent from phone. Please excuse spelling.
Dude I have an 03 duramax and yesterday I installed an aftermarket stereo with one of the plug and play harnesses and the little warning chime boxes and now all a sudden I have a service 4wd and service break system and the theft light came on too I’m having all the problems you are having I also have a bone stock lbz with a cts2 I’ve had it on the truck since I got it a year ago no issues until I put this deck in I haven’t figured it out yet but I have codes p0089 u1152 u1026 u1064 u1024 as well? I have a guy that only works on duramax but he’s on vacay for the 4th I’m going to have check it out because I can’t figure it out either

21 - 31 of 31 Posts