Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a cheap OBD II code reader for my truck so I can see what codes are getting thrown. Anyone have any suggestions for a brand? I've heard some don't have the code listings for the 6.5?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Slow,

Do you know anybody with a Snap-On MT2500 scanner you can read everything you are interedsted in on it most reputable shops have them and you can get readings less expensively than what the dealer charges.

I've not done a comparison between a tech 2 vs. a MT2500 but I haven't found anything I can't do with a MT2500, a new MT2500 is almost as expensive as a tech 2, but you can get some pretty good deals on ebay for a used MT2500, or if you don't feel safe with a ebay one get with your local Snap on dealer to see if he has a used one taken in trade on a newer one or a repo unit.

I have a OBD1 MT2500 that converted to OBD2 with a adapter, every year Snap on upgrades the program so you can get the previos years cartridges pretty reasonalbe prices. that might be a better way for you to go to get something that does more than read codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts