Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and most people recommend a power tuner that also would read codes. i already have the edge so all i am looking for is a code reader. i would like it to see any codes set by edge, egr or cat removal. i have read where some people say certain ones cant read certain code. what do you guys run? It also needs to be reasonable priced so no tech 2.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
the predator is a cheap route to take that will offer both DTC reading abilities as well as the ability to add a little power.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got a CarChip by Davis Instruments. Love it. Reads and clears most codes, logs 300 hours of driving. Very simple to use. Good product. Bought it at Sears for $150.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
diesel pusher.......thanks for the response. you say it reads most codes. which does it not read? i am concerned about it clearing anything related to the edge and egr due to cat removal and being disconnected

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't know of any for sure. I only added that as a caveat, because other folks here, far more knowledgable than I, inferred that may be the case.

It's worked great on our vehicles: 2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2002 Mercedes-Benz, 2000 Toyota, 1998 Explorer.

Try it.

Ed

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts