Diesel Place banner

CODE P0380-GLOW PLUG HEATER

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dmaxalliTech 
#1 ·
03 DMAX started up this morning and after 5 min drive time ck eng lite came on with this code-reset and seems ok now. Should i worry about anything? Thanks

#4 ·
You better get me the VIN to be sure, I dont know if MA emissions are the same as CA. CA uses a different glow plug controler.. One way you could tell is to look at the glow plugs, does each one have a wire to it or is there a bar between all of them with wires just on the ends? THere is different diagnositics for each system

#6 ·
Ok, you have CA emissions.

Basically the code is set because the glow plug feed back voltage does not match what the ecm is looking for, I would imagine something is wrong because it takes two consecutive failures to turn on the light. If your feedback voltage is between 5 and 6 volts, your ok, if its less then 3 volts, you have one or more glow plugs giving fits. It wont give you much grief while the weather is warm, but once winter hits, it could be trouble, might better get it checked out before then.. A couple quick checks you could do is to make sure the power connection to the glow plug controller is tight, the controller is mounted on the drivers side valve cover at the back of the engine....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.