Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code is fuel temperature sensor performance. Anyone ever get this or have any ideas. It was about 40 degrees this morning and I have the grill cover on. Thanks in advance. Brian

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had the SES light come on last week. I pm'd dmaxallitech and here was his response:

"The 116 code is coolant temp sensor and the 181 is fuel temp sensor. I suspect that its a false code set. Or its possible, but unlikely that your pcm doesnt acknowledge the block heater being there. Its checks the difference in temp of the coolant vs the intake air temp and it wonders why the coolant temp is so much higher then the air temp. If it dont detect or know that the block heater is there, then it assumes there is a problem. That is what triggered your fuel temp sensor code also, the difference in them was too great and a block heater was not acknowledged. I dont think a problem is present unless these conditions repeat. I would have the codes cleared at the dealer or have it looked at just to be sure if under warranty."

Also check out my post here: http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4768&PN=2

I was ready to bring the truck to the dealer yesterday because the light was still on, and when I started it to actually go to the dealer, the light went off.
I figured it was a sign and left well enough alone!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts