Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will having your tuner in the higher levels cause the "P0101 Mass Air Flow Sensor Performance" code?

Never get a check engine light just can find the code in the my tuners memory. Clear code and it will eventually come back. Does not seem to effect performance.

Will having the finger stick modification prevent check engine light to come on?

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
562 Posts
Get some electric contact cleaner and spray the MAF sensor off and let it dry. Did you change your filter to a K&N, UNI or aftermarket filter?

Can you explain a little more. Truck only has 10000 miles.
Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get some electric contact cleaner and spray the MAF sensor off and let it dry. Did you change your filter to a K&N, UNI or aftermarket filter?
Factory AC Delco filter changed twice so far.

The MAF sensor is the small black box on the top of the intake hose just off the air box correct?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
correct

what kind of conditions do you drive in to warrent 2 filter changes in only 10K?

i've got 10,5XX and my stock unit is clean

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Factory AC Delco filter changed twice so far.

The MAF sensor is the small black box on the top of the intake hose just off the air box correct?
Why would you have already changed the air filter twice, if you only have 10,000 miles?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
correct

what kind of conditions do you drive in to warrent 2 filter changes in only 10K?

i've got 10,5XX and my stock unit is clean
Just very anal about keeping truck maintaned.
Probably overkill but makes me feel better.):h

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I should have read closer. Doesn't the blocker bring those codes due to MAF not seeing the expected EGR flow change, but the FS eliminates the codes that bring the CEL?

I swear this was talked about in the FS/blocker plate threads.....

maybe it was p0401.....clean the thing off as stated above and see if that clears it up for you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have read closer. Doesn't the blocker bring those codes due to MAF not seeing the expected EGR flow change, but the FS eliminates the codes that bring the CEL?

I swear this was talked about in the FS/blocker plate threads.....

maybe it was p0401.....clean the thing off as stated above and see if that clears it up for you.

I thought the same thing about the FS mod. What is so strange is the tuner picks up the code but I get no check engine light on the dash.:confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a Federal Emmissions truck, some codes may be set without actually illuminating the CEL. I have 3 codes set with the EGR blocker plate, but I have been lazy about getting a finger stick because my light never comes on...

I thought the same thing about the FS mod. What is so strange is the tuner picks up the code but I get no check engine light on the dash.:confused:

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a Federal Emmissions truck, some codes may be set without actually illuminating the CEL. I have 3 codes set with the EGR blocker plate, but I have been lazy about getting a finger stick because my light never comes on...
Correct.

That is the way my truck is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts