Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
demo'ed the Edge for a couple weeks in my work truck and decided against buying it. The power gains were nice, but there were no mileage gains like I expected. Now for the problem: after removing the chip, my truck's engine light came on. After restarting a few times it still came one. There were no problems that I could perceive, still seemed to be the same power as pre-chip, no hesitations, no sputtering, etc. Drove it for a couple days hoping that it would clear up, and it didn't. Took it to the dealer today to have it checked out, and they tell me the fuel temperature sensor was showing a reading of -40 degrees celsius, which was throwing the code. Has anyone come across this before? The truck is going into the shop Saturday morning to get checked out, butr I'm wondering if there could be any correlation between this code being shown and having the juice installed and then uninstalled, or is this nothing more than a faulty sensor and the timing was just coincidental?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Bogie said:
demo'ed the Edge for a couple weeks in my work truck and decided against buying it. The power gains were nice, but there were no mileage gains like I expected. Now for the problem: after removing the chip, my truck's engine light came on. After restarting a few times it still came one. There were no problems that I could perceive, still seemed to be the same power as pre-chip, no hesitations, no sputtering, etc. Drove it for a couple days hoping that it would clear up, and it didn't. Took it to the dealer today to have it checked out, and they tell me the fuel temperature sensor was showing a reading of -40 degrees celsius, which was throwing the code. Has anyone come across this before? The truck is going into the shop Saturday morning to get checked out, butr I'm wondering if there could be any correlation between this code being shown and having the juice installed and then uninstalled, or is this nothing more than a faulty sensor and the timing was just coincidental?

Sorry Eric I was browsing I know this is your Forum

IMHO it's just a coincidence,

Sounds like a sensor unrelated to the Edge Box went bad..........These things do happen.

Surprised to read no mileage increase.....My truck get's 1-2 mpg more if I stay out of the pedal, I never do though.......

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Tony, no problem.

The only thing I can think off to possibly check is to make sure your CAN connections are tight and properly seated, those are the connectors you plugged the juice into. other then that, more coincedence.

Eric

·
Registered
105 Posts
My edge was worth every penny. I have increased mileage by 2-3 mpg.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Dual Tandem said:
My edge was worth every penny. I have increased mileage by 2-3 mpg.

What setting are you running to get more fuel economy? Improved with towing as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts