Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the co-pilot, all i can say is wow , the little tcc light comes on when in tow haul and it hauls butt with no slip, feels like a manual tranny the way it delivers the power , and super smooth shifts. I would have to say this is the best mod you can do to your tranny. 83 psi verses 230 on the clutch plates and total lock up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey greenmax where did you get your suncoast from? I am in Calgary and have been wondering for sometime the best way to get one.

·
Registered
538 Posts
SCIV and Co-Pilot, seems like a sweet way to go, but by time all is said and done $$$.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
They do work well big dif when on or off on my s.c.iv & 1057 t.c.

·
Registered
780 Posts
So what does the co-pilot do that betters a SC? I have a full ATS buildup, but have never experienced a SC. I always imagined that the transgo created a similar effect; however, by a purely mechanical means. Does a full SC buildup not give you the same kind of feel?

·
Registered
924 Posts
eagles;1592066; said:
Hey greenmax where did you get your suncoast from? I am in Calgary and have been wondering for sometime the best way to get one.
look in the vendors suncoast.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
go threw mikel or eric merchant

then have your local tranny shop do the install, i have sent a few guys to montana for theirs

·
Registered
780 Posts
Come on guys, no one has any words about my question above? Its an honest question, I am not looking for an ATS vs SC arguement. I am just wondering how a co-pilot improves the SC kits. Should I be adding a transgo to my ATS????

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Ranger22;1596194; said:
Come on guys, no one has any words about my question above? Its an honest question, I am not looking for an ATS vs SC arguement. I am just wondering how a co-pilot improves the SC kits. Should I be adding a transgo to my ATS????
No you should not. SC does not make competition for the co-pilot, yet. The co-pilot locks the converter when the tcm won't or can't.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ranger22;1596194; said:
it has a silonoid that you install in the line off the valvebody with the pan off, it fools the tranny into thinking it is running regular pressures, but in fact it just about triples the holding force on the converter, giving you direct torque, read up on it on ats website, go to transmissions and click on co pilot and tech info, i didnt think it would make as a big of a difference as it did, but it does , it took me 2 hours to install it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts