Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS ANYONE RUNNING THE CO-PILOT WITH THE TRANSGO KIT? IM CURIOUS AS TO HOW MUCH ADDITIONAL TORQUE AND HP THE TRANNY WILL HANDLE WITH THE CO-PILOT ADDED TO IT, IF IT ALREADY HAS THE TRANSGO KIT INSTALLED

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
is the transgo not holding enough power?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The TransGo kit was designed for 500 Hp or 900 ft lbs. So if your above either of those numbers you have exceeded what the design intentions were. When we did the design with TransGo we were not looking to build the end all be all kit, it was designed to fill a need for 95% of the market place. Not everyone wants to run at the drags or the truck pulls.

Mtomac

So how many times has your ATS been apart?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
the tranny has been apart once when when the single sided C1's went it and once to replace a cracked rear cover caused by driveline vibration from an improperly installed u-joint and mud tires that were out of balance

I've already seen one truck with a transgo kit in it have problems, lets not go there SteveEdited by: mtomac

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Hey lets face it. The trango can be over powered by a modern stack.

Not to say it is of no benifit to the single device users.

The big question is can NUT add a Copilot to his current tranny combo????? What will be the results????????

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
How do you improperly install a U-joint ,they only can go in one way ?? Thats pretty basic wrenching .... Maybe we all could learn from this mistake ...

It was that bad with out of balance tires and U-joint it vibrated thru the T-case and broke the Allison case ?? Dam ,must have been some hard shifts ...

I know guys when the put 44 mud tires on they don't even bother balancing them babies ...

Mac

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok, perhaps I'm not too educated on this, but don't the Transgo & CoPilot essentially do the same thing, just through different means. Meaning they both increase the line pressure, so why would you get any more transmission holding power if the line pressure has already been (appropriately) raised?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The TransGo kit does it by changeing different things than what the copilot does. So it is possible that it could help, but your on your own as to how good or bad it does the job.

Bronco

That was the point of my post. Everything has it's limits and to date there is no trans upgrade holding the power we are able to make. I have several customers who have broken all the popular brands. Every trans upgrade has been failing with the big power guys. The TransGo kit was not design nor tested to the limits of what we are running these days so I would not expect it to live at 600 + Hp. If your going to go above the stated numbers you need to work with a transmission builder who will back the work when you blow it up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
what is the average cost, and difficulty of installing the shift kit and converter. I would be interested in it, but would like to know if i could do it my self, or have to have someone do it, and what the price usually is to have it done. thanks

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Mackin said:
How do you improperly install a U-joint ,they only can go in one way ?? Thats pretty basic wrenching .... Maybe we all could learn from this mistake ...

It was that bad with out of balance tires and U-joint it vibrated thru the T-case and broke the Allison case ?? Dam ,must have been some hard shifts ...

I know guys when the put 44 mud tires on they don't even bother balancing them babies ...

Mac

Ujoints can be installed incorrectly. (usually the clips are not exactly in the grooves) and cause the the cups to move out, causing a vibration, kinda like a transmission snap ring. Things begin to fly apart when not held together. Anybody can make that error, don't you think?

mike

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Transgo will not hold my power level either. wether you choose to believe 446 or 544 that is a fact.

It is a solid kit to put hot juice power to the wheels though, but when stacked it falls down, mind you i am exceeding its design capability even though the box says it will hold 600 HP.... i guess they were talking 600 hp at the crank.

But all is well, more parts are coming in and i have another appointment and dyno session so travel to!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
That's not installed incorrectly but not installed properly .... Again if a cup fell out the noise, the vibration , not felt till the tranny case broke,yea ,OK ....

I believe in the Easter Bunny too ...

Come on Mike why don't you tell us what really happened ,the truth will set you free !!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Mackin said:
That's not installed incorrectly but not installed properly .... Again if a cup fell out the noise, the vibration , not felt till the tranny case broke,yea ,OK ....

I believe in the Easter Bunny too ...

Come on Mike why don't you tell us what really happened ,the truth will set you free !!!!!

Mac

And you? How free do you feel like getting?
Something to do with glass outhouse and the Easter Bunny.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
When we're done talking snap rings then what are you gonna have ??

A TCC valve that plauged me from day one that I got a phone call at 9 PM on a Saturday evening the pinpointed the problem because it just happened too ,and it was discovered ??

You might get burned,wanna play Mikey ?? Last guy who didn't know when to quit well,call Nick he'll explain ...

Mac

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Im not got answer for Tomac, but he told me that it wasnt in right, I think he said the ring didnt get in all the way and it started vibrating.

Pnut, give it a try if ya have the $$, I think it would work good, as I know some have ran it with the suncoast. I think your shifts would be a lot firmer and your et's would inprove a lot.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Mack

I never said a word and never would have. I was playing. You sir, like to dish it, but you don't like it. You want to ban me like quad? do it. I think some people will question that move. I can live with it, and will miss this board a lot.

mike

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=bold width="20%" background="" bgColor=#f8f7ef><A name=74143></A>Mike L.</TD>
<TD class=smText width="80%" background="" bgColor=#f8f7ef>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=smText noWrap>Posted: 25 March 2004 at 9:36pm | IP 152.163.252.197 | Report Post </TD>
<TD align=right width="100%"></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD class=smText vAlign=top width="20%" bgColor=#fefefc>

Diesel Addict

Group: Diesel Addict
<TD class=text vAlign=top background="" bgColor=#fefefc>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=bold>Mackin wrote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#999999><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=text>

Mac

</TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE>

Ujoints can be installed incorrectly. (usually the clips are not exactly in the grooves) and cause the the cups to move out, causing a vibration, kinda like a transmission snap ring. Things begin to fly apart when not held together. Anybody can make that error, don't you think?

mike

currently on TTS program #26
TTS stainless exhaust
TTS Extreme coming </TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE>

Don't
now I was minding my own business till I was quoted with a hidden message,don't think I don't know where you heading ,just follow along ....Hook line and sinker .... Do I need to point it out for you ??

I don't have the authority to ban individuals ,Mike ....

You need not to tease then expect ME of all people to run home with my tail between my legs ....

I'm open for full discloser,is everyone who talks the talk or is walking

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SHEEESH AS A SIMPLE QUESTION AND GET THE USUAL "PLACE" POLITICAL HORSE sh*t.
SO HAS ANYONE TRIED A CO-PILOT OR KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT DOES??? SURE I KNOW I CAN CALL ATS AND FIND OUT, BUT ITS NEARLY 10 PM AND IM SURE THEY HAVE WENT HOME FOR THE EVENING. ISNT THAT WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR????? TRADE INFORMATION AND IDEAS?

NOW BACK ON TOPIC-------JUST SPOKE TO A GUY THAT HAD THE CO-PILOT ON A "HIGHLY MODED" TRANNY AND HE SAYS IT DIDNT HELP HIM AT ALL. STILL DOESNT HELP ON KNOWING WHAT IT WOULD DO TO A TRANSGO TRANNY.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Mackin, want to see the TSB GM has for the cracked rear cover issue? GM says "driveline vibration" is the cause. Edited by: mtomac

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.