Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I installed a macs dual disk puller on my dmax, but aparently, I think I dont have it tight enough or to tight. Once I got everything put back togather, I started it up and every thing seemed fine, but when I push the clutch in it isnt going into gear. In order to make it go I have to start it in gear, and just use the rpm's to shift it. Obviosly it needs ajustment, do I tighten the pressure plate bolts, or loosen? If I tighten, how tight do I go. When I do go down the road the clutch slips. What do I do?:help:

Thanks merlin

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
I surely don't know, but if it was me.........I would call macs.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't know exactly what you have but I know quite a bit about those clutches so you could call me if you want 816-205-0514. The pressure plate bolts should be torqued tight on any clutch as far as I know.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you don't have the pressure plate bolts torqued tight you really shouldn't drive it at all.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
please don't be mad but could the disc be in the wrong direction. (wrong side facing flywheel) I am speaking from experience.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The SBC kits have stickers on each disc so you know which way to place the discs. For sure the front disc will only fit one way.

Craig or Evan will have to answer for Merlin's issue.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Is the floater plate clocked wrong? Causing the one disc to be pinched by the floater when you tightened it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The SBC floater plate is concentric so it can be installed and will work regardless. The dual disc Evans sells (I assume it is similar to what CPMac developed) uses shims to hold the centerplate in the proper position. If not enough shims were use or not the same number on all three centerplate bolts then, yes it would have an impact. If it is installed properly that would not be a problem but once the discs wear down some shims well have to be remove to allow the pressure plate to hold properly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fun stuff

Merlin;

Did you get it fixed yet?
Nope still not fixed I need a new set of p plate shims and studs, I didnt tighten them enough and they sheared off, so now I have to get those out and put new ones in and this time torque them to spec. by the way does any one know what spec is??

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Nope still not fixed I need a new set of p plate shims and studs, I didnt tighten them enough and they sheared off, so now I have to get those out and put new ones in and this time torque them to spec. by the way does any one know what spec is??
the tq spec should be in the intallation instructions received with the clutch kit.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the tq spec should be in the intallation instructions received with the clutch kit.
He didnt get and instructions with it. Can someone scan theres and maybe post them on here so we can put this bad-boy clutch in right this time???

-Blaze

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i dont know for sure but what size bolts sre they?if they are 3/8 or M10 thay should be around 35 to 40 lb ft just as a rule of thumb!!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
He didnt get and instructions with it. Can someone scan theres and maybe post them on here so we can put this bad-boy clutch in right this time???

-Blaze
No instructions? :(

I have instructions for the SBC kit, 50 pages and over 70 pics. But the SBC kits are quite different and the instructions are only for Dynadroit/SBC customers.

Call the seller and see if he can provide some specs.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
494 Posts
50 pages wow. Why on earth would anyone need 50 pages to put a clutch in? Guess the SBC clutch must be real complicated.

If you have a Mac's clutch I could fax you the instructions as I still have a copy of them. But if you have broken parts I'd say you need to talk to someone who could help you set it back up. I could do it if you want to call me or could you call whoever you bought it from?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Some customers have never pulled out a transmission or spent much time under their truck. The more detailed instructions the less risk, assuming they get read. Obviously, if a supplier cares about his customers he will take care of them, provide instructions, return their phone calls, and help them with problems.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
WHo needs instructions? i changed mine in 5 hours never having pulled it before i think the right tools are more important than instructions, why cant someone just help the guy out and give him the proper tq spec.

I cant read 50 pages in 5 hours:rolleyes: !!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.