Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press the clutch pedal to the floor I hear a squirt gun type sound and I can see hydraulic fluid squirting into the cabin near the top of the clutch pedal, where it connects to the push rod that goes to the master cylinder.

Long story: Replaced the clutch, and forgot to put the slave cylinder back in...went to check the clutch and when I pressed it down I heard a bunch of stuff fall to the floor. I had pushed the plunger out of the slave cylinder draining all the brake fluid.

Put it back together, top of the fluid and bleed the system. Probably pumped/bleed the pedal 20 or so times and it didn't get any resistance. I could push it to the floor with my finger after that.

Then I just started pumping the pedal, a bunch of bubbles came up through the cylinder and I could feel some resistance towards the bottom of the pedal stroke. I gave it a good solid push to the floor and heard the squirt gun noise, the rest is as I stated above.

What the hell is going on? Did I blow a seal?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you ever figure it out?

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts
Did you ever figure it out?
Might be a cracked plastic line. In the DIY section is a thread on converting from plastic to metal line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts