Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was hauling 3K lb trailer home empty in stop and go traffic and got ses light on. Today checked codes with my predator and got po700tcm code which I did a search on here and found that it is just turning light on for stored codes. Code cleared on its own but now the tranny seems to have a real hard downshift right before it comes to a complete stop. It almost feels like the t/c locking up. The tranny was rebuilt by dealer at 30k miles and now it has 77k. I just was trying to scrape up enough money for new plow now I am worried I have to spend all my money on the tranny. Any advise or info will be greatly appreciated. Predator is always on tow tune and I do not really beat on it to bad. Recently changed fuel filter, tran. filter and fluids.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Are you sure it's the tranny? I would chk the u-joints just for the heck of it. If you have a bad one it's going to knock when tranny shifts into the lowest gear before stopping. Good luck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Check all the mechanical things first. The 03 we have just needed a tranny computer. The trucks computers were not talking as a result line pressures were going nuts,weirder stuff soon followed. Not saying it's your problem but that was mine.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mine has done that in the past with the Predator on Tow. Not sure why but after I changed to the 65hp tune or back to stock it would quit doing it. I think the tow tune increases the torque curve quite a bit right off idle to about 15 mph. The tranny adjusts for that and then firms up the 1-2 shift and as a result the 2-1 downshift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.