Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cloud Rider grill covers were delivered today, so I rushed right out to install them, then went for A test ride.

What A difference these things made, truck warmed up just like summer, sure makes the Max run better and the heater works great.

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
10-4, mine work great too.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
SteveNorCal said:
John R,

Where did you get them from?

Good deal on price?

Thanks!

Well I'm not John R,

But since I've just finished searching for what you want, thought I'd relay it.

They only sell direct. Max Power, one of the vendors here has had a few of them and might be able to help you, or you have to buy direct. I called them this afternoon and the guy said you'd be able to buy them off the web site soon as well.

http://www.cloud-rider.com/screens_nav.htm

The phone number is tricky to find on their site. It's (306) 761-2119
That info is courtesy of one of the other members, but give them a call. They are on CST zone, so keep that in mind when you call.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Anyone have a picture of one of these in black, on a new GMC? The stainless is definately out for me - I don't like the bright look on my very dark (green) truck.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Two shipped, were $230 IIRC, depends on the exchange rate. I skipped the bumper pieces, no need IMO and the tranny stays cool when it gets up to 40-45.

The only drawback to these is the mounting clamps are a little weak, so they wouldn't go on and off too easily...

Ox

·
Registered
663 Posts
BlueOx03 said:
The only drawback to these is the mounting clamps are a little weak, so they wouldn't go on and off too easily...
Ox

Dittos on the clamps... I also painted the clips since they are steel - not stainless. I was thinking that some SS springs placed between the knob and the front would help when installing ... might help keep tension on the inside clip as it grabs the grille (??) ...

Edited by: jbplock

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jbplock said:
BlueOx03 said:
Ox

Dittos on the clamps... I also painted the clips since they are steel - not stainless. I was thinking that some SS springs placed between the knob and the front would help when installing ... might help keep tension on the inside clip as it grabs the grille (??) ...

Nice job on the painting of the clips, my clips are aluminum.

Have to be careful tightening them, they bend easy.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
BlueOx03 said:
OOPS, sorry Zeeb, I guess I was typing slower than I thought and you beat me to the punch...

No problem, especially since it was your post with the phone number on another thread, where I found the number to call them. I just pasted it from that previous post of yours.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry I didn't post the link and phone number, I didn't think we were allowed to.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
John R said:
Sorry I didn't post the link and phone number, I didn't think we were allowed to.

That's the "other" forum.....

Diesel Power let's members post links and numbers to other web sites so people with questions can find things, or to photo sites. Vendors have to contact him to arrange to promote their wares.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I thought about some kind of coating for my mounting clips as well. Mine are aluminum. Are they now shipping steel mounting clips? Also, I'd like to get a few spares.

·
Registered
663 Posts
John R said:
Nice job on the painting of the clips, my clips are aluminum. Have to be careful tightening them, they bend easy.
Thanks John,

Interesting ... I wonder when they made the switch to AL? I bought mine in Dec 03 from Max Power. I tested mine with a magnet because they didn't look like stainless - the screws and nuts are SS though. The Aluminum is good since it won't rust.

Edited by: jbplock

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bought this Cold Front from Seedguy. I could not figure out how to put on the factory cold front. Some parts must have been missing.

I installed this one when the temp was around 20 degrees. Heater works fast and fabulous. Night and day difference. Well worth getting. Strongly recommended.

It took me 5 minutes to install. Looks good too. Many complements already.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Night_Sailor said:
I could not figure out how to put on the factory cold front. Some parts must have been missing.
It took me a little while, but after you figure out which part to pull and which part to push and which part to yank, it's really not to hard.

What are you going to do with your factory front? I've been looking for an extra one to experiment with...

on edit: I don't suppose that the Silverado cover is the same as the GMC cover - if not: oops, I have a GMC.Edited by: conradv

1 - 20 of 24 Posts