Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Cloud-Rider Stainless Steel cold front cover for my 03 Chevy.

2003 Chevy with Cloud-Rider SS Cold Front
The unit is well made and easy to install. For the 03 Chevy there are four individual covers, two for the grill and two for the bumper. The grill cover sections are held in place with four screw clips that grab the back of the plastic grill. The bumper covers are each held in a similar fashion with two larger clips that grab the inside of the bumper hole opening. The screws and lock nuts are stainless steel but the clips are steel and appear to be plated. I was concerned that road salt may cause the clips to rust so I primed and painted them prior to installation. Since the bumper clip directly contacts the edge of the bumper opening, I also added some shrink tubing to keep the paint on the clip from wearing through. Another potential enhancement would be to add stainless steel springs between the cover and head of the mounting screw. This would keep tension on the clip while tightening it against the back of the grill (and bumper). Since the clip tends to rotate as it’s tightened, it can easily disengage before it’s tight. The springs may help prevent this.
The Cloud-Rider is made in Canada. I purchased mine from MPcustoms (Max Power)

Edited by: jbplock

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Looks great!

It was a pleasure Bill.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Max Power,

I have tried the website for two days and I can only get to the front page. Just a heads up that it is down..

Mike

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Lonewolf, ya I know. I haven't had time to finish it. Thanks though.

MyBlkHD, yes I can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Max Power
I have PM'd you twice about the cloud Rider cold fronts and was wondering if you got it. I am interested in getting a set for my 2004 K2500HD DMAX. Let me know
Bill

·
Registered
473 Posts
I sure wanted to get a Cold Rider for my 03. My son didn't know and got me a Putco SS Grill insert with the Chevy Bow Ties. Now it will be too much work to remove the Putco Grill inserts to install the Cold Rider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts