Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it as hard as people say it is? i have a cloth 2006 lbz with power drivers and manual. My carheart seat covers for cloth just came in today but I also have the chance to buy all leather seats console and everything for like $600. but i have heard there is lots of wireing. do I install the carheart seat covers i have already or do I do this leather conversion? ( if it makes a difference I am a mechaic)

·
Administrator
16,276 Posts
Moved to interior...

·
Administrator
16,276 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
if you want the heat to work, yea it could be time consuming. then you will need the door panels too. but they should bolt in. im sure the power supply will be different too

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you want the heat to work, yea it could be time consuming. then you will need the door panels too. but they should bolt in. im sure the power supply will be different too
the harness from what I have read is not there too

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am currently in the middle of doing this. I have the seats, heated seat switches that go in the door panels, and my wiring harness should show up today. I hope this is all I need.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I finished the install yesterday. Between my factory harness and the donor harness I bought off ebay, I was able to get the drivers and passenger 8 way power seats working, and factory heated seat switches working. I had to do some modifications and wiring to make the air bag module work right with no air bag service notification. the only thing that doesn't work, is the memory function. I'm hoping my local dealership can flash that with their computer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is sort of a thread-jack, but it's related.
@Mathalika & mods: just say the word, and I'll take this to a new thread.

I'm thinking about going the other way. bought my lbz with leather, thinking about going 6-seats. I don't need it to look OEM, but I do want to keep my power and heated seating. I'm hoping there's a DOT-approved way to get the shoulder strap adjustable (classic '07 has the belt in the seat) and the middle seat to have a shoulder strap...anyone done anything?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Clazzio leather seat covers. I couldn’t justify the $3000 for katskinz on a 13 year old truck. So I had a new bottom foam installed on drivers seat and purchased a set of perforated leather seat covers from Clazzio for ~$680. Also splurged for the seat heater kit. With the interior out of the truck it’s very easy to get these covers on and looking nice. I’m very happy with how it’s going. I’ll post pics once complete.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Some pics of my Clazzio covers

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just did my '15 crew cab. used Katskin seat set. with installing the front heated seats (orgional didn't have heaters) and doing all the seats and changing console over took about 14 hours. Never done it before, but watched the videos A LOT!
I paid $1200 Canadian which included the heated seat pads, front seats, rear seats and the console. I would recommend this to anyone with a modicum of experience and you only need a few hand tools!

·
Registered
315 Posts
pics of leather replacement in a 15 C/C

1 power wire to battery with a circuit breaker, 1 wire to the rear console power plug ( the back one is switched with ignition, the fronts are on all the time ) only took console out twice to figure out...
drilled holes in front of console for the switches.
*****see pics in Dually pictures****

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Clazzio leather seat covers. I couldn’t justify the $3000 for katskinz on a 13 year old truck. So I had a new bottom foam installed on drivers seat and purchased a set of perforated leather seat covers from Clazzio for ~$680. Also splurged for the seat heater kit. With the interior out of the truck it’s very easy to get these covers on and looking nice. I’m very happy with how it’s going. I’ll post pics once complete.

I did katkins [crew cab] for $550 off ebay,

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
About 6 yrs ago. I purchased from E-bay in Fla. A pair of 8 way - Leathr Heated Power Seats with memory. I scoured this and other forums for wiring diagrams...for near 2 yrs..NO JOY. I also did what I could to manufature a wiring harness that led to th passenger seat as well. All I was ever able to do was get th power going.

Bottom line is this. If your truck does not or did not come with Heated Leather 8 way power SEats..?? there is no way to retro fit OEM into it. The Door Panel switches althought they light up - do absolutely squat. Nor will a Body Control Module Flash do anything either....My SLe 06 did not come with said seats as an option. Only way I am told by More than a few GM Technicians is to jury rig an on / off switch for the heated seats. I also queried them on a Body Control Module Flash - was told that will not work.

So there ya have my experience.

Still, for $ 1185.00 CAD DELIVERED to Calgary, the (2), seats were a steal...

Cheers,
Theo

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I just went thru doing 8 way seats,,going from 4 pin power drivers seat and no power pass

the whole problem is the drivers seat has a ''MSM'' memory seat module,everything runs thru it

the fix is ''REAL'' simple

go find an other passenger seat wiring harness,and rewire the 4-5 wires to match the drivers side 30 pin plug,bypassing the ''MSM'' module

the only wires you need are
1.large red/white stripe
2.small red/white stripe
3.black
4.tan seat belt
5.blue for seat postion

your 4-5 wires might be a different color too

by doing this you get seat
1.forward
2.backward
3.up-down
4.back tilt