Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

Just got back from the stealership. Went in because the LBZ would not change gears and lost power when I stepped on the gas.

Turns out they said it was a clogged fuel filter?

This rather confuses me. Should there have been some kind of code thrown? The fuel filter sensor on the DIC said it had 61% left.

What gives!

Joe

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
We are going to see more and more of this. Adding lift pumps is going to be a common trend.

This is how you can tell instantly what the status of your fuel filter is:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redws6rocket;1596127; said:
what was the mileage, that is odd you must have had something in the tank!
About 11,600 on the odo. About 6k since the last filter change. I do alternate between #2 and B20, but I would not think that there was build up that fast.

·
Banned
525 Posts
Using Bio will clog your filter if you also run #2 often. Bio is a solvent and will clean everything up faster than the Dukes can say YEEHAWWW.

Run one or the other, but when you mix it, you will plug the filter everytime.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got a bad batch of bio and #2 here in IL, just had my filter changed at only 1002 miles on the odo....and I have been running Power Service!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine wouldn't thrown the code until I MASHED it to the floor and tried to make it go. Then, bingo.. p0087 :p:

·
Banned
720 Posts
how does the lift pump work and go on the truck i have changed alot of filters also on my 06 i hear of alot of the members using them

·
Registered
471 Posts
On my last LB7 I hacked open the filters and 8K miles seemed to be the number for the crap fuel I was buying. The filter would be 3/4 blacked out at this point. Now factor in the new finer filters..........

·
Registered
94 Posts
can you leave that lift pump gauge on all the time?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Kennedy;1596190; said:
We are going to see more and more of this. Adding lift pumps is going to be a common trend.

This is how you can tell instantly what the status of your fuel filter is:

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)
i seen my dealer use this gauge too.
what exactly is it measuring?
what should it read?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts