1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted this in the electronics forum by mistake :(

-------------------------------------

Howdy!

Just got back from the stealership. Went in because the LBZ would not change gears and lost power when I stepped on the gas.

Turns out they said it was a clogged fuel filter?

This rather confuses me. Should there have been some kind of code thrown? The fuel filter sensor on the DIC said it had 61% left.

What gives!

Joe

BTW: $180.00 + Dollars later (LOF and fuel filter change) the truck started acting up again on the way to work. I am thinking maybe a bad tank of fuel, rather than "normal" blockage? If so, how does one go back to the station to get reimbursement for damages (i.e. pay for the resulting service)?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Would help to know where you ar at. What are the weather conditions. Cold can cause fuel problems especily if you use bio-diesel.

Around here it takes a fuel recipt to claim bad fuel. In some cases they want the dealership to state that on the repair order.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Dallas TX.

It has been unusually cold here, but it was in the low 40's when I started having problens on Wednesday evening. My understanding is that Bio won't start to gel until the low teens.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Joe

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gelling realy depends on the blend. Stright #2 can wax in the 30's. Last winter folks in WI and MN were having problems with bio-blends in the high 30's.

The problem with the bio fuel is what quality are you getting from the producer. Good well filtered bio is close to stright #2 in how it acts in the cold. Problem is not all bio producers are putting out a quality fuel. In the big truck industry this has and is still a problem. Causes filters to plug and in some cases waxing is a problem much earler than you would think.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm. Interesting.

For the record. I got my last tank from Loves Truck stop and it is BioWillie B-20.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I've clogged the factory filter and didn't throw a code- or let me say the CEL didn't come on. The DIC is a countdown from 15000 miles only. If you get bad fuel and clog it or gel up that thing is worthless other than as a reminder.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just had a clogged filter and no CEL. However, when I checked DTC with my Predator I had a P1093 (low fuel pressure during enrichment). Others on here mentioned that you will get that DTC w/ either a plugged filter or a weak spring in the pressure relief valve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts