Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that changed out you're steering wheel for the ones with controls did you get the clockspring from gmdirect or partszoneonline and who has better service?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
gmpartsdirect has expensive shipping and I think they are sometimes slow shipping. I don't have any experience with partszone.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max Power who would you recommend?

·
Registered
11 Posts
gmpartsdirect has expensive shipping and I think they are sometimes slow shipping. I don't have any experience with partszone.

GMPartsDirect is slow when the part isn't in stock. If they have to order the part before shipping, they don't notify you of the delay.

Do you have a local dealer that will sell you parts at wholesale? That's the route I would take.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, my dealer wants $307.57 for the same part. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
If you have the part # call Eric www.gmdieseltech.com

I bet he can come close to GMpartsdirect price.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I'll try that!

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
For those of you that changed out you're steering wheel for the ones with controls did you get the clockspring from gmdirect or partszoneonline and who has better service?
Clockspring, I didn't even know there was a clock in the steering wheel. I haven't been winding mine.:lol:

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
remember you also need new programming in the IPC to get the steering wheel controls tow ork...

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Clockspring, I didn't even know there was a clock in the steering wheel. I haven't been winding mine.:lol:
Everytime you turn the wheel you are winding it ;) :D

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have used partszone in the past. They have been awesome. I would try vendors here first then go to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts