Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can simply swap manual controls out for an automatic system?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Good question. I wouldn't be surprised if you could. I bet it would cost you $500+ though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just concerned wether there are "other" controls that you would need that perform the automatic part of it. Also I noticed you have "high idle". How can I get that? ThanksEdited by: joeking

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I really don't know sorry. Talk to JP Customs. I would think if anyone would know it would be him.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they on the net?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wrote to JP SUpport and they said that it isn't impossible but it could take alot of work and possibly alot of $.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Best advice I can give for the auto controls is to hold the 'auto' button for 3 or 4 seconds, this locks boths sides of the cabin to the same temp, until someone changes the temp for passenger. After I did this it was much easier to manage the climate in the cab.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Denial said:
Best advice I can give for the auto controls is to hold the 'auto' button for 3 or 4 seconds, this locks boths sides of the cabin to the same temp, until someone changes the temp for passenger. After I did this it was much easier to manage the climate in the cab.

Hey! I did not know that. Will have to give it a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Also remember the temperature sensor that is located above the driver in the roof. Something else you'd have to deal with if converting to the Auto system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts