Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the manual climate control in my truck because it is an LS. When i first bought my truck there was a light broken on it so i had it replaced under warranty. Now the same light broke again, and only settings 0 and 5 work, 1,2,3,4 are all the same as off. What is broken? Is it possible to upgrade to automatic climate control?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Upgrading to auto climate is much more trouble than it is worth. You need to place several sensors in and install a new blower motor and blower, and all kinds of other fun stuff.

I'm really not sure what problem you're having, but it sounds like the unit may have **** the bed again. The 03- climate control unit has no servicable parts, so if this is the issue, you'll need a new one. I'm not too familiar with these style HVAC systems, but do they have a resistor coil?

·
Banned
735 Posts
Sounds like a resistor took a crap on the blower motor if you only have "0" and "5". I have had this problem in my jeep. There may be a resistor pack burned out somewhere, but I have never hadf mine apart in my truck. Maybe someone else can confirm this........

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sounds like a resistor took a crap on the blower motor if you only have "0" and "5".
Ditto. On my S truck it was located in the air ducting under the hood, up against the firewall on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Info... Im not even sure what a resistor coil is (NOOB! <-- ME), How much is this going to run me to get fixed?

·
Registered
825 Posts
The part should only cost around $20, and is usually a very simple replacement if you're at all technically inclined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts