Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to DOUBLE CHECK something...

I made a service appointment at the stealership to get a steering rattle fixed. I think it would be prudent to remove all signs of a custom tune. If I turn my custom DiabloSport tune back to stock, are yall sure that there is NO way that the dealership can find out? I know that the manager is NOT mod friendly, so I need to step lightly anyway.

Also, is there a fix for the squeaky clutch?

They want me to leave it for the day...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I dont see how they could tell, just go back in with the predator after tuned to stock and check and make sure it says factory tune is installed.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope so. And Ill try to remember to take the Predator out of the console when I turn it in...

Im not thrilled about any of this dealer business...

·
Registered
242 Posts
That stinks that your SM is not friendly to mods. I called my sales guy to ask about mods and dealer visits. He said the ONLY time they would question mods at all is if they were directly related to the problem. I need to go in for the trans switch and the tailgate strap recall and he said I didn't need to remove my 6-gun.

Of course my truck was delivered new with 265's. Two of their techs have Dmaxs with 285's. They were more than happy to swap tires for me. Their approach has been a nice surprise.

Wish we didn't have to to through all these games.......

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Compliments to my dealership. They've treated me as nice as anyone could be treated, could be the $$$ I've spent there. But seriously, they said to me not to worry about a thing with mods such as these. They even drilled my manifold, took it off, cleaned it, and installed the egt probe for my six-gun.

I wonder why the steering columns in these GM trucks go dry after about a year. Dodge and Ford don't seem to have a problem with this. Ah, the infamous GM "steering clunk".

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya. This particular dealer wasnt even interested in ORDERING a 6 speed truck. I was not impressed from day one.

I called a long time ago and asked them what they thought of adding a CAT filter. The service manager said that there is NO problem with the fuel system on the Duramax, and the only people that he knew that had bad injectors did not change the fuel filter until 50k. I asked how many injector problems he had been dealing with, and he said quite a few. The guy was just an *******.

Anyway, they sound like the type of dealership that would love to find the Predator, and take out my warranty. I dont want them to come close to anything but what needs fixing.

I hope they fix that right...

I printed out all TSB's, and plan to "appear" like I know what Im talking about...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Wow, I couldn't handle that dealership. I must be spoiled by mine. After all, as in almost everything else, the CUSTOMER is the one making their paychecks. Sounds like he's just waiting to try to find something that will void your warranty. Yikes.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya. The service manager was really a jerk. Even from the second he picked up the phone.

The next GMC dealer is 35 miles away. Maybe Ill go back to the buying dealership...Its only 1800 miles away...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts