Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people saying they are running their trucks on level 2/5 or 3/5, etc. What are they referring too? I have the edge w/ attutude and understand they are on level 2 or 3, but what is the next number? Is it the level of "smoke" coming out the exhaust? Thanks for the help! It has been bugging the hell out of me!!

What is the advantage of running the edge on the highest smoke level or the lowest smoke level??

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
What they are saying is they are running Level 3 and Sub level 5. In the Attitude monitor there is an adjustment for low boost fueling and there is 5 levels. 1 being lowest smoke and 5 being most responsive and most smoke, I just put mine in this weekend and its on 3/5, I like the smoke. Hope that helps

·
Registered
95 Posts
Besides more smoke and being more responsive, are there any other benefits to putting the Edge on level 5? Just wondering, I have an edge coming in the mail anyday. thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
I run mine on 3/1 but I thought I read somewhere that 3/5 would use more fuel but again I am not sure.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Watching this. . .

I don't even know what my setting is for the responsive thing. . . I'm on level 2.

I tow a heavy load and don't want to limp the tranny. . . Guess I need to get the manual out.

·
Registered
992 Posts
% on the Low boost fueling is purely for throttle response and nothing else. it does use more fuel and waste more fuel as it is going out the tailpipe, not to the ground. The best low boost fueling adjustment is whichever one gives you a slight hae, cause your not going to gain much other than fuel useage otherwise. Also, the higher the low boost fuel level, the harder it will be on your tranny, There are stock trucks around here on lvl 5 low boost 1 with stock trannies living alright, not to say your wil/wont though. i ran 5x5 all day long, towing or not, but i have guages and a dual disc clutch so it will take it. I also have a boost stick type thing that gives me 32-33 lbs of boost ,a banks ram air and a 4" straight pipe so there is very little if any smoke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts