Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen (and ladies if any) I've noticed lately that when beside a wall or another vehicle and only when warmed up....I here a clack clack clackety clack. I almost remember reading this was normal but want to make double sure, and if possible explain what it might be...I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

mark

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mine did it too - it has subsided with more miles.. Normal with a GM TSB on issue. When you buy a big heavy duty truck, I guess it isn't going to be as quiet as the wife's lexus...

The TSB is posted in the TSB section of this board...

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=155&PN=1

jeff

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff for the link feel muuuuuccchhh better now!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
FYI - It doesn't have all the TSBs listed but those here have done a nice job of getting the major ones up there. I saw a post from problemchild listing all of the TSBs from alldata.com;

Mine has thrown a code on the antilock brakes a couple of times - it has done it when I have my foot lightly on the brake as I start the motor - confuses it, I think. Their is a TSB listed on this but not shown on the TSB forum - I think it requires replacement of my anti-lock brake controller. Since this is a "safety item" - my guess is they R&R (remove and replace) to be on the "safer side"...

I need to run my truck into Patrick when I get a chance and have him take care of it for me. I also have the slight smell of gear oil coming from the left rear wheel - made me wonder whether I have a leaky seal on that side. I wonder whether it is related, but it is probably just the placement of the vent for the rear diff is closer to that side.

jeff

Edited by: dmax lover

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never feel MUUUCH better when the dealer tells you a noise that only happens on some trucks, not all of the same model, is NORMAL!! Does anybody really think the engineers designed a motor to make this noise?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Supposedly the LLY has reduced engine oil pressure to reduce this noise.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
didnt work on mine, my pressure is at the bottom and its noisy as heck.......Edited by: problemchild

1 - 8 of 8 Posts