1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Whistle Pigs Are Cool
2,460 Posts
Reactions: jrsavoie

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Actually took the time to paint up every little, part, too bad there wasn't more pics of the engine compartment.

Reactions: Freddyack

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I guess it bugs me about the little details of the swaps that people over look like a functioning tach, working gear display, the lack of swapping over to a 92-95 accumulator to make the A/C line come out straight instead of over the turbo, the body lift that just makes it look off to me, or the low coolant light you can see in the corner of the one pic of the radio. I'm betting those toggle switches is how you shuft it into 4th and lockup to boot. This was one of the reasons I didn't do a CUMMINS was because of all the little details that would bug me to death that would cost a smal fortune to work out.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
I guess it bugs me about the little details of the swaps that people over look like a functioning tach, working gear display, the lack of swapping over to a 92-95 accumulator to make the A/C line come out straight instead of over the turbo, the body lift that just makes it look off to me, or the low coolant light you can see in the corner of the one pic of the radio. I'm betting those toggle switches is how you shuft it into 4th and lockup to boot. This was one of the reasons I didn't do a CUMMINS was because of all the little details that would bug me to death that would cost a smal fortune to work out.
X2, and a lot of those little details are easy to fix like the coolant light. If I was ever to do such a thing, I'd probably choose a standard and avoid most of the auto tranny issues. Just being a dodge auto is reason enough to be scared off. If you did it yourself, you would know it was done right. You buy someone else's creation, your always chasing half assed problems.

·
Whistle Pigs Are Cool
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just missin' the Dodge 12V Intercooled cover :cbadge:
Of course, it holds heat to Overheat the fuel pump brain thingy with the overbored iffling pin

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
I like it, price is right. I don't mind manual switch's, had those in my 75 B250 that I swapped the 4 speed into.

Ferm is right on the coolant light and I noticed his Auometer gauges aren't matched. Again, not a biggie to me due to the price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just missin' the Dodge 12V Intercooled cover :cbadge:
Mine on my 93 Dodge rattled through the mounts.

There is a guy on another site that did a cummins swap into his 97 in place of a 454, and converted it to 4x4 at the same time. I bookmarked his work because he used the stock Dodge alternator and AC compressor and has a working tach, ac, and cruise control. He was meticulous about the details for sure.

My wife would kill me if I did a cummins swap on our 95. She HATES my 93 cummins.

The burb isn't too bad though... Not quite my thing. The smoking gun for me though is the 47RH. 47RH's have their place in racing... where you expect to rebuild and service with every use. When Chrysler comes up with a good transmission for ANYTHING, someone let me know please.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
My wife would kill me if I did a cummins swap on our 95. She HATES my 93 cummins.

When Chrysler comes up with a good transmission for ANYTHING, someone let me know please.
Two very good points. Same issues, my 93 pulls anything, but its not enjoyable, and its a 5 speed because I couldn't trust their auto.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Doesn't look too bad... bumpers are a tad hideous as are the toggle switches cobbled to the dash - it is a vehicle cab NOT an airplane cockpit.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
And these ........ :eek:mg:
I got a bigger pic in there for you.

I thought they looked OK close up, but when you look at them on the truck, they don't suit it at all.

That back bumper, looks hideous on there though.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Really Simon? :Insane:

Another members gauge set up has nothing to do with hideous bumpers and set of switch's rigged to run a transmission. :shake:
Wow, do you always take things out of context????? :think:

He mentioned its not a "cockpit", I said, well then, go here, because it LOOKS LIKE ONE in THEIR Truck. Damn man. :think:

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I got a bigger pic in there for you.

I thought they looked OK close up, but when you look at them on the truck, they don't suit it at all.

That back bumper, looks hideous on there though.
Thanks! I agree about the back bumper.....and the front one too :cookoo:

·
Whistle Pigs Are Cool
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yeah right, lol. That must be smoking something real good haha

1 - 20 of 269 Posts