Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when using mobil 1 cj oil rated oil won't that reduce soot therefore not needing egr blocker on a 2006

·
Registered
119 Posts
The API rating on the engine oil has nothing to do with the soot from the diesel fuel exhaust re-entering the intake stream. It does not necessitate the need for the blocker plate to prevent a portion of the exhaust from going back into the intake. To put it simply, for engine longevity as well as preventing possible costs associated with the replacement of the egr valve/motor, block it and forget it!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my only concern is the reduced fuel mileage associated with blocking the egr. i already spend 200.00 a week on diesel and its killing me. through the search option on this site their is alot of guys complaining about reduced fuel mileage associated with blocking the egr.

·
Registered
577 Posts
my only concern is the reduced fuel mileage associated with blocking the egr. i already spend 200.00 a week on diesel and its killing me. through the search option on this site their is alot of guys complaining about reduced fuel mileage associated with blocking the egr.
I guess i dont see how blocking the egr will lower fuel mileage? If anything, it should help. You are putting all clean air/oxygen in the engine instead of mixing in nasty exhaust gases and that should equal better fuel combustion. I noticed a lot less smoke after blocking my egr.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I guess i dont see how blocking the egr will lower fuel mileage? If anything, it should help. You are putting all clean air/oxygen in the engine instead of mixing in nasty exhaust gases and that should equal better fuel combustion. I noticed a lot less smoke after blocking my egr.
I believe it has something to do with the nasty exhaust gases having some unburnt fuel left in it, that is used in the engine. Also, I believe the EGR and associated cooler provide the engine with a somewhat cooler intake. Cooler is always better for engines.

Probably somebody else knows more about this than me, though.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I had an INCREASE in mpg of about .5 when I blocked mine, but even more than that, I had peace of mind!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too had a slight increase in MPG after blocking mine. Maybe .5 MPH better, Some what hard to measurethat small of a differance. But I do know it did not hurt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.