1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detroit Free Press
(Friday February 17, 2007)
Chrysler Recalls 86,333 Dodge Ram Pickups

DaimlerChrysler’s Chrysler Group said it is recalling as many as 86,333 2006 Dodge Ram pickup trucks because their front-wheel bearings may not have been lubricated sufficiently at the time of manufacturing.

The Auburn Hills-based automaker said vehicles affected by the recall were built between Nov. 7, 2005, and April 27, 2006, according to a filing with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The defect, which was report to the federal agency on Feb. 6, could result in bearing degradation and, if subsequent noise and vibration are ignored, the hub assembly could separate. This could result in a loss of vehicle control and cause a crash without warning, according to DCX’s filing.

If consumers want more information on the recall they can go to a DaimlerChrysler dealership to have the front hub and bearing units replaced or contact the company at 800-853-1403.

Contact ALEJANDRO BODIPO-MEMBA at 313-222-5008 or [email protected].

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
hopefully GM will follow suit......to be honest, GM's bearings lack in the dependability dept a little bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank`s for the info. I have a truck that was built in this time frame. I need to check on this as my Yukon`s front hubs went out at 70,000 & I had to pay for them myself.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I have done alot of those in the dealership i used to work at, Does this apply to the 3/4-1 tons. If so they better give the owners new rotors too. Everyone of them i did here in the rust belt had to have the rotors chiseled apart or smashed off with a sledge hammer. The bearing lip would catch on the rust build-up on the inside of the rotor which you couldnt get to and hang right up. As usual, the engineers looking out for the tech's.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Gotta love unit bearings.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
That's chitload of trucks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts