Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas short of buying new nerf bars, of how to turn the chrome ones that came on the truck to black. The truck is gray, the canopy is gray, the lumber rack is black and the bed rails are black, and the chrome on the nerf bars is just plain WRONG for the rest of the truck! :help:

Went to Line-X and they said that it wont stick to chrome. Was thinking about powder coating, but have not stopped in yet to find out if it is possible. Anyone have black bars they want to trade for chrome???? This is what I get for not having the patience to order the truck and took the only one in the NW that was what I wanted, minus the chrome bars....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you could have them line-xed but you just need to get the crome blasted off and powder coating would be nice but in time it will wear off lin-x would be the best and toughest

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it was mine, I would sell the chrome ones on ebay and buy new black ones. You will spend less money overall, and end a with a warrantied product. Just my $.02. There is a lot of foot wear on nerf bars.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Id go with crash's method...or maybe even find someone with black ones that is in a similar predicament to you and is willing to trade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts