Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, what do you think abou these? I think it would bring out the chrome that the rest of the truck has. Do you think its too much or would look just right? Also, does GM offer them? If so, anyone know the part number? I found a company who sells them for $50 a pair and wanted to see how their price compared to GM's. Thanks.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
$50 a pair is a good price. Where are you getting them from?

I did this a while ago. I just thought the chrome looked better. But I was stupid and threw away the box with the part numbers...could you post them?

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JP Customs sells the mirror caps in chrome or painted to match your truck. I ended up finding that GM does offer the chrome ones. They list for $79 for the pair, but I get them cheaper as I have a friend who works at a dealership. The part number for the GM chrome mirror caps is:

Here's a link to JP Custom's mirror caps:

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=684

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Thanks for the part number. GMPartsDirect has them for $66...so if you're getting them for $50, thats a smoking deal!

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ones from JP Customs aren't OEM pieces though.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Are you talking about the ABS ones with chrome. There is suppose to have SS ones but can't find them.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SS ones? I just know that JP Customs offer chrome and painted mirror caps. I just recently found that GM also offers them as well.

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wish they had them for the power towing mirrors. They are ugly.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I went ahead and ordered them this morning and put them on about 15 mins. ago. They look really good and took no time at all to put on. I paid $72 with tax for the pair. I'll have some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
They are chrome-plated ABS plastic.

I haven't seen any that are Stainless Steel.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
They are chrome-plated ABS plastic.

I haven't seen any that are Stainless Steel.
I agree there aren't any SS ones. Some advertisments say SS but they aren't :confused:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
ebay for cheap i saw some a few days ago for 35 or 45 bucks

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I have the OEM black plastic on my non-towing mirrors. Do they just pop off and pop the new ones on?

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The caps have double sided tap on them to stick to the actual mirro. They just pop off, but you have to work with it as its really on there with the tap. The new ones go right on after you've cleaned the surface. Took me a whole 15 mins. to do both.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The caps have double sided tap on them to stick to the actual mirro. They just pop off, but you have to work with it as its really on there with the tap. The new ones go right on after you've cleaned the surface. Took me a whole 15 mins. to do both.
Got it! So it's just a thin overlay. Makes sense now cuz I looked at my mirrors last night, thinking the backsides popped off and couldn't see how that could be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts