Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might enjoy these!

Available from your Hummer dealer, part#6008595. Just a nice thing to dress up your truck, I haven't ordered mine yet but I imagine they'll look great above the 3500 badges on the doors.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard, how do you like the exhaust on the van? I was thinking about doing something with mine but I thought it might be too loud inside the cab since the inside airspace goes to the rear unlike a pickup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, the exhaust is very good, as quiet as the original, inside or outside.

I used a 4" outlet, quiet Donaldson muffler with an attenuation rating of 12-18 dBa (quite good) with a low rated restriction of 1" Hg (1/2 psi) at 1000 CFM (I calculated that it is about what the engine produce at maximum horsepower).

I can really feel that the engine is stronger and breathing better especially in the higher RPM.

My system is custom, I made it with selected parts. If you want some hints at how to do it, I can give you the info. The vans are different than the trucks and you have to use a different approch to the exhaust system. A kit with stainless steel pipes in on the way.

The Montreal's Hummer dealer has 3 chromed 6.5 TD emblem in stock if you have difficulty getting them.Edited by: Richard7

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good, how about starting a new thread regarding the exhaust? I'm sure there are others that would like to know too.

Thanks for the heads up on the emblems!

Cam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good idea, was probably never done. I couldn't find any performance aftermarket exhaust for those 6.5TD vans from any manufacturer. That's why I made it myself. Still somewhat a prototype, but working perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts