Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going too change my Injection pump and Injectors, due too weary high mileage, 8 miles pr. gallon.

Witch IP and Injectors should I go for, too get the most power of my engine??

I have a Chevy K2500, 1991 mod, with 6,2 diesel C-code engine with J-code intake manifold.
Truck has gone 125000 miles, never changed IP.

Is there any good places to by IP online ?

Any input would be helpful. :help:

Jan-Tore
Norway.

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
Try a pm to Texas Diesel Guy, he knows his pumps.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
8 miles per gallon? Sure there's not a hole in your tank somewhere? ;)

Does the truck smoke?

Do you have any transmission/tire/alignment/brake problems that you know of?

1991 was near the end of production for the 6.2, so the pump thats on right now, assuming its the right one, would be your best bet.

I'm assuming though that having your's sent the the local Stanadyne shop is not an option? So your wanting to know what model # you should buy right?
4979 is a common late model HD 6.2 pump, and it may even be what you have on your truck right now. There's several other pumps that would be great candidates too though, I can't sit here and list them all (can't sit here and remember them all either) but if you find some specific numbers and want to know which of them is best I can help you with that.

As far as injectors, I reccommend New Delphi ones. Little pricier than rebuilts but worth it if you want the truck to run at its peak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have checked the tank, no holes. :D

It smokes a bit driving in OD/converter locked, up a little hill, just trying to hold the speed, 50/60 mph.
Seams to lack power from half throttle and up.

The numbers on the pump are DB 2829 - 4646 and 5962010 - 23502177
Is this a pump for 6.2D from the 80's

Usdieselparts.com have an HD pump DB2-4875, is that a better pump then mine?

Is there anything to gain by using injectors from 6.5D or 6.5TD

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
4875 is identical to the 4979 that I reccommended, and yes, both are 'better' than your pump.

Don't mess with 6.5 injectors, they won't help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts