Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone elce thought about what we would all do if the big three went belly up????..........maybe China would start importing dually's??????:eek::eek::eek::eek:..........scary times.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah it would be bad we prob would not have one tons!! I have been alot of places and have not seen any one ton truck like we drive here in the US.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would drive my 05 till it literally fell apart around me before driving a tundra...or any import for that matter.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think I'll stop driving trucks before I drive a rice-oil burner -:t-:t:badidea:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Is it me or are the rear fenders about 12-14 inches wide????? I cab see shredded toy fenders everywhere

·
Registered
106 Posts
i do like the wheels on it...thats about it though...the wheel base looks way to small, they should have went with an 8'ft bed to strecth out the wheels alittle more

·
Registered
410 Posts
oh God, the bailout cant come soon enough!!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I am by no means a Toyota fan, but I have said for some time, if they come out with a 1 ton Dually they will really hurt the big 3.

If you think I'm crazy, look at the sales numbers on the Tundra. You cannot say they haven't hurt the smaller truck sales.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The yota tundra is great to pick up kids at school and groceries at the store. Put some weight behind it and my truck could run circles around it.

I just dont understand why Americans dont buy American?

·
Registered
462 Posts
The yota tundra is great to pick up kids at school and groceries at the store. Put some weight behind it and my truck could run circles around it.

I just dont understand why Americans dont buy American?
Because they are brainwashed by the older generation that had late 70s and 80s american cars...most were sh-t. They were playing catch up with the imports back then.
In the past 10 years the big 3 have had some breakthroughs in reliability. GM itself has more cars in the 30 mpg range than all import company's, but some people do not do their research and are ignorant to the fact.
They believe all domestics are less reliable than imports when it is clear fact in recent years most imports quality has diminished compared to past years. More warranty work and more consumer complaints than before.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
at least you get nice trip to china to have warranty work done, least that is what chinese warranty seems to be on atv's and other junk they sell over here. come to think about it couple months ago article was posted about toyota buying back pickups made from mid 90's to early 2000's due to frame rotting, toyota has 49million dollar contract to crush those trucks, because they can't get enough frames to replace damaged frames in North East states. toyota claims fluke but if you think back to hilux and 80's toyota pickups beds rusted out also along with frames then. news reported this week that toyota's holding 43% resale value after 10 years, wonder how much of those numbers are pickups that toyo is buying at 100% KBB price? tired of government trying to make us the example and then blame us when they screw it up, the president of puegot thinks diesel emissions regs can't be met for practicle cost offset to vehicle and wants euro standards froze, and they are not as stringent as here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would walk before I would dirve that tundra dually-:t

·
Registered
216 Posts
Euro trucks

Reason the trucks look like this is that as soon as the weight is over 3500kgs you have to run a tacho. That means 56mph limited and around 9 hours work/driving a day. 4 hours on 1 hours off and 4 hours on. So if you have a trip of say 600 miles whereas you goodselves can probably knock it off in 7 or 8 hours, here they can drive at a max of 56mph for 4 hours then take a break of 1 hour and then drive the last 4 hours straight. Then its day over for the driver.
Believe me its a right pain in the arse.
I'm lucky I'm exempt as I don't carry any goods for sale, or reward as I'm in the film business, but for others it takes an age to get anywhere.
And no I'm not changing my Chevy ever.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think some of you forgot that Isuzu Diesel technology and expertise is responsible for helping GM build our beloved Dmax.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have owned three toyota p/u's. They are very stout electronlly and frames/suspension. They mastered 4 cyl engines.I onced hauled 3800lbs in the bed of an 82 half ton.I also love the general

·
Registered
366 Posts
At least the other manufactures aren't asking for billions of dollars that you the tax payer will eventually pay off for them. I would support any brand that can effectivley run a auto company for many years and not have to depend on the Gov. for help when things slow down. Maybe the big three shouldn't have been living so high on the hog while things where good and set aside money for times like this. This all will happen again in less then 20 years and I would hope they would learn their lesson and prepare for it but they won't, they will get their bail out money and blow it in all the wrong places and ask again when things go south again. If only I could go get help when work slows down, but that will never happen I plan for things to happen and prepare for them so I am covered since the Gov. won't help me out maybe they should do the same. I hope Toyota or Nissan comes out with full size trucks. Then the big three would be shaking in their private corporate jets.

·
Registered
257 Posts
At least the other manufactures aren't asking for billions of dollars that you the tax payer will eventually pay off for them.
Tax payers will not pay the billions of dollars back. That's because the so-called "bailout" is really only a government loan, to be paid back by the borrower, in this case the auto manufacturer.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Tax payers will not pay the billions of dollars back. That's because the so-called "bailout" is really only a government loan, to be paid back by the borrower, in this case the auto manufacturer.
They also did this for Chrysler back in the 80s... seemed to work then

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.