Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently come into 8 new “Bosch” injectors . They were pretty cheap and did not have a core charge . They appear new and are sealed in bags inside Bosch boxes . If i look up the address in the Chinese letters it says it’s a joint venture between Bosch and a company in China . Long story short do you think it’s safe to try them lol?

Attachments

·
Vendor
9,675 Posts
They have the appearance of being almost legit, but I'm not sure I would trust them. I don't see Bosch doing this and there is a lot of pure junk out there. I think it's someone trying to copy as best that they can.

·
Registered
16,213 Posts
I wouldn't put them in my truck...It is worth a call to Bosch to verify this.

Reactions: steakman

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
What's the worst thing that could happen? Tip blows off and blows your engine? Or they crap out after the warranty? No way they will last as long as factory, so how cheap can you go and come out ahead?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted Bosch and sent them deltailed pictures . They say that they are legitimate Based on the pictures but idk 😐 it’s not a daily driver so it’s not the end of the world if it does brake but I would rather brake it having fun 😂 she has 350k on her so I don’t know what to do

·
Registered
16,213 Posts
were they substantial cheaper than what the market has to offer?

·
Registered
16,213 Posts
I looked up the part number and I question if they are for duramax.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Your iPhone was made in China. Teslas will be shortly. It's a question of quality control. low prices = low QA, generally. Anyone who's gotten a white box of Winchester ammo at Walmart will tell you there are defects inside. But it's cheap.

What one really wonders is the meaning of 'came in to' is. If they fell off the internet....maybe not so bueno. If they fell off a truck outside a dealership...maybe bueno.

Hold on a second, this JUST IN (my interwebs kung fu is wicked)

https://web.archive.org/web/20191023201250/https://pensacoladiesel.com/the-real-truth-about-bosch/

~roz

·
Vendor
9,675 Posts
As for the link I wouldn't buy a dead dog (figure of speach) from Pensacola were I in the market for one. I get a lot of calls from guys having issues after replacing parts. They are one of many companies at the root of garbage rebuilds.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
As for the link I wouldn't buy a dead dog (figure of speach) from Pensacola were I in the market for one. I get a lot of calls from guys having issues after replacing parts. They are one of many companies at the root of garbage rebuilds.
Well then, there you have it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found them on eBay from a seller that only seems to sell Bosch products . I contacted Bosch customer service and sent them several photos and they said they appear to be authentic . I figured I would stick one in and see how it works lol . It’s not the end of the world to me if it breaks but I didn’t know if anyone else has had experience with these injectors

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
If I have learned one thing since Feb 07 When i bought this most excellent Vehicle...its this.

BUY OEM.

You will never regret it.
I've tried numerous parts that failed in less than half the time of the original parts.
Spend the Coin to get the right ****.!
Theo

Reactions: rawby
1 - 13 of 13 Posts