Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has been chiming when I shut it off lately. Somtimes it dings twice and sometimes it dings 4 times. Anyone know why this is happening? I did a search and couldn't find anything that pertained to my problem. I did do a download for codes and I have none. I did get the ABS chime about 2 months ago, but I haven't got it since. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe

My truck has been chiming when I shut it off lately. Somtimes it dings twice and sometimes it dings 4 times.
Mine chimes when I shut it off and "Open the door" at the same time... I think it's the "Door Ajar" warning. ):h

Is that a possibility?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, door is shut and I pull the key out just enough so the door dinger doesn't work pretty much at the same time it is dinging.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. Sometimes it chimes fast for up to 15 seconds, sometimes it chimes twice, and sometimes it does not chime at all. Dealer looked at it once already but could not duplicate the chime for 15 seconds. I have added a DVD player and sirius sportster.

I am wondering if it has to do with amp load on the acessories?

I also got an ABS / Brake light about 2 months ago - that is when I first noticed it. I will go back to the dealer again shortly. He seemed to think it may be a sticking door switch or something.....

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be good (sticking door switch), but unless they have redesigned the normal switch, I am having a hard time believing it. I wonder if with my remote start it is keeping the headlights on longer than normal sometimes and that is why I am hearing the dinging? Maybe a sticking relay? I will have to pay closer attention to this. I just drove the truck a little while ago and it didn't do it. The truck was parked in the garage overnight so, if a switch/relay would be sticking (more likely a switch)....might only happen when cold. Maybe it will do it tonight again after work.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I was gonna suggest lights, OB1. I shift my light switch to park and dome override and release the headlights every morning at a security checkpoint and it "reminds" me nearly every morning that I'm not back in auto with the chime when I park. If you have an autostart, it may be causing the BCM to think your lights are on.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I need someone without an autostart to see if their truck will ding when just going from run to accessory (engine running of course). I think it is probably normal since I got it to do it twice in a row, once with the lights on and once with the lights manually turned off. I am assuming that is why it seems intermittent, because sometimes I go to all the way off and pull out the key a little ways and sometimes I pause at accessory. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone???

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Yeah, happens to me when I go into drive thru's and I shut my truck off to order. Just chimes away and wont shut up untill I re-start or pull the key out and open the door. My DIC doesn't say anything. But I too am stumped. I just figured that it wasn't happy getting shut off and turned on like that :eek: . No remote start, Auto headlights.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, sounds like you have a problem if it keeps on dinging. Mine only dings 2 or 4 times....to rhyme or reason to it and sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Yeah, mine does it sometimes. I dont know how long it will ding for, I know more than 4 but I dont know how long because I have never let it go.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know mine dings at me when I don't have my seatbelt on when I start the truck (I do wear my seatbelt religously though)....I know it dings more than 4 times for that. Sometimes I would just like to disable it completely.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Mine doesn't ding when I don't wear my set belt (I feel naked if I don't wear it though and emotions won't let me not wear it anyways). I don't know what it could be though because it has only done it 3 times. When I was driving to a friends house last night it was 22 degrees out and the display on the mirror was acting up, the screen would look like I was starting the truck (every light would light up) for about 2 secs and then it would go back to normal for a while. Strange, but if it doesn't get worse I am not going to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Thanks, sounds like you have a problem if it keeps on dinging. Mine only dings 2 or 4 times....to rhyme or reason to it and sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Go figure.
Same here. It'll do it at just random times. It seems to do it more in winter, so I wonder if the cold has any effect.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mine has never done it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
At least three times i have shut the truck off, took out my keys, opened the door, and it is dinging like the keys are still in the ign. Not sure how long it does it for-I just put the key back in and cycle the ign, then take keys out and bam no dinging.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Leave seat belt off it dings twice and you never hear from it again.I thought it would keep the ding going until you put on your seat belt?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine seems to ding about 6-10 times when I don't have my seatbelt on after I start the truck. I have never really counted. I know that it will initially ding for a set amount of time when I go to the position to have the glowplugs come on...then, after I start it, it dings just as many times again. Most of the time I usually just remote start it before getting in. I guess as long as my truck isn't throwing codes when I shut it down, it should be ok. It is just kinda annoying. I guess the only other thing I could do is turn on the turbo timer and then I wouldn't have to listen to it when getting out of the truck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Guys
I just installed the autostart in my wifes truck, and I started getting the dining problem. I noticed if while it is dinging I hit the brakes, it stops. So give this a try.
I bought my autostart from Tony, and he said I may have programmed it wrong, so tomorrow I am going to reprogram and see what happens.

I'll keep you posted. I am kinda glad I'm not the only one, now to figure out what the problem is.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mine will ding depending on whether the gear selector shows Park or not. Sometimes, even though I'm in Park, it takes an extra jiggle of the gear selector to get the little light under "P" to illuminate. I find the dings will continue longer after I shut down if the DIC doesn't seem to know I'm in Park. This also causes dinging and "driver/passenger door ajar" messages to show up on the DIC when I start it to warm it up before I leave in the morning. Dunno if you're having the same problem or not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts