Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than slight body style differences, are there any other differecnces between chevy and GMC?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The bowtie provides a superior drag coefficient. It's enough to shave a tenth off your quarter mile time. But I bought a Chevy mainly because there is only one dealer here in Anchorage that will do warranty work on a GMC. Most GMC dealers will do both, but a Chevy only dealer will not handle GMC. Other than that I know that the trim packages vary somewhat. And I have heard it claimed that GMCs tend to hold value a little better. --SS

·
Registered
274 Posts
They are built in the same plant, on the same Asse. line at the exact same time. The only diffs. are Bumper, Front end trim, Fenders, Hood, tail lights, side moldings, And badging.

Both are the best trucks on the planet! (Of course this is just one mans "Humble" opinion)

·
Registered
349 Posts
The GMC's come with more "standard options" than the Chevy's.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I'd say more than one mans humble opinion!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
GM selects the highest quality parts and builds the GMC trucks. The Bowtie trucks are made with whats left over....

Seriously, GMC and Chevrolet are the best trucks on the planet.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Terrain Twister said:
I'd say more than one mans humble opinion!!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
maynard9089 said:
The GMC's come with more "standard options" than the Chevy's.

And I believe the MSRP is usually higher than Chevy because of the "more standard options".

·
Registered
349 Posts
The base price is usually quite a bit higher but when you price two identical trucks its usually within a couple hundred dollars. My truck was about $200 more than the Chevy. My dealer sells both and built them up both ways for me.

·
Registered
713 Posts
As another forum member said,

"the Chevy Looks Like an Angry Chinaman coming down the street."
I chuckle every time I see a Bowtie, but other than that difference, and some base options, the trucks are the same. the Best in the World!

·
Banned
394 Posts
actually i think the gmc (general motors of canda)is made in canada and the chevy is made in the us....2 same trucks but made in 2 diff places ................................................

had u guys thinkin didnt i.............heheEdited by: rickles04

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope you were kidding when you said General Motors Of Canada, because as we all know it is General Motors Corporation, and a around here a chevy only dealer will service any GM car or truck, they all get paid by GM so they will do the work.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the Alabama heat gets to rickles... he even thinks American auto workers are overpaid
. But I forgive him. He at least has good taste in trucks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Actually to tell the truth GMC stands for neither and really stands for:

General Motors Truck Company (later known as GMC) is organized on July 22, 1911, to handle sales of GM's Rapid and Reliance products.

From http://www.gm.com/company/corp_info/history/gmhis1910.html

one of the first GMC's... Boy have we come a long way!!!

Wealth of useless knowledge!

MN.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Doesnt GMC = generic made chevy?

JK you GMC owners...............

·
Banned
394 Posts
lol............yep damn hot here....lol<-------------tarted

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bodysurfer said:
Doesnt GMC = generic made chevy?

JK you GMC owners...............

Nope, GMC = GOD Made Chevrolet

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think chevys come with a full-floating rear axle and the gmc comes with a semi- floating rear axle as far as 2500hd are concerned.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Everyone is wrong.

U have the UGLY chevies built from salvage parts
or

The beautiful GMCs
made from 1st line panels.

Plus GMCs get the higher HP Dmax motors and chevy gets the runts

Can't wait to get back in a GMC.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts