Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really starting to like the looks of the GMC front ends more than the Chevys. I wonder how much difference there is between them. Could I put on a GMC bumper? What about the headlights? Does anyone have any side by side pictures to compare? Or maybe some first hand knowledge on this?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It gets expensive. 05 and up use different fenders and all front pieces. The only piece that is the same is the core support.

First time in many many years that they were not almost all the same parts except for the gril

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
You would have to replace the whole front clip!

·
Registered
365 Posts
When i got my gmc it was only because the chevy dealer wouldnt give me the time of day. Now i really like the gmc fronts.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
How about posting pics of both so we can compare?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
the only thing i dont like about the GMC is that black filler deal that is between the grill and bumper

·
Registered
91 Posts
paint it

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have always liked the GMC much better. I had an 04 that I ordered and loved, but had to sell, because I was owning two houses at the time and something had to give. Then when I sold one of the houses and GM had that super discount last August, all I could find were chevys, so that is what I got. Don't like that front ends at all, but the price was right.

You would have to change the whole front clip to switch it out. If you find a rear end wreck, you might be able to get it cheaper. But then, you have a mut of a truck. Part Chevy and Part GMC. REsale value would tank badly. If you are going to keep it til it pukes then that is not really a concern.

I have photos of the front ends, if I could figure out how to get them posted on this stupid thing. How do you post pics?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I deffinately like the GMC front end better. i don't like the Avalanche front end that they are using on everything that Chevy makes.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The black filler? Is the black filler you referring to under the bumper/License plate?

I have to get pics of my new front end, the one with the 3" 4x4 air dam. Nice dressing, if it helps with airflow through the stack so much the better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The front end is the reason I went from Chevy to GMC ):h

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
GMC is professional grade....Chevy is just regular grade.

The body lines of the GMC is well rounded and everything looks proportioned properly. The chevy, while the 05-06 fronts did improve...still look unproportionate, everything from the bumper to the grill to the headlights...what is up with the headlights?? the front fenders on the chevy also don't 'fit' right with the rest of the body of the truck.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think the Chevy front end looks so much more badass, much more of an agressive "heavy duty" look

·
Registered
83 Posts
While the 01-02 Chevy looked good, the 06 is a big improvement (hood bulge, split bar in the grill).

Still gotta vote GMC though.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
it is not that it is black it is the big gap

The black filler? Is the black filler you referring to under the bumper/License plate?

I have to get pics of my new front end, the one with the 3" 4x4 air dam. Nice dressing, if it helps with airflow through the stack so much the better.
no it is the one that is right under the grill and on top of the bumper not below it, and if it was not for that gap i would rather have a GMC looks tougher to me. anyone know if the bumper could be raised so that gap would be gone like it is on the gasses 2500HD.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rite On

I think the Chevy front end looks so much more badass, much more of an agressive "heavy duty" look
THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE MUCH MORE BAD *** THAN GRANPAS gmc / ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. AN EVERYBODY KNOWS It!!!:ro)

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
GMC is professional grade....Chevy is just regular grade.

The body lines of the GMC is well rounded and everything looks proportioned properly. The chevy, while the 05-06 fronts did improve...still look unproportionate, everything from the bumper to the grill to the headlights...what is up with the headlights?? the front fenders on the chevy also don't 'fit' right with the rest of the body of the truck.
:blahblah: Aside from cosmetics,They are EXACTLY the same truck.I didn't like the front of the Chevy at first,now I think it looks really tough.I guess it's grown on me.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:blahblah: Aside from cosmetics,They are EXACTLY the same truck.I didn't like the front of the Chevy at first,now I think it looks really tough.I guess it's grown on me.
that is the same with me i did not like the tall hood on the new trucks, but now i think they look good it just took some getting used to for me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts